Imagine a typical day in the life of a modern manager, who gets up early in the morning, drinks a lot of coffee, and eats takeout. That person has an intensive work schedule and social life. Considering the above-mentioned factors being, tiredness may be caused by emotional worries like anxiety and depression, including antidepressants, antihistamines, and medicines for nausea and pain.
The problem with constant fatigue is that it nurtures many other derivative problems, such as being totally unproductive both in the workplace and at home. If there are other people like management and teammates that will help (or force) youin the workplace, at home – it’s only you, and very often, the only available help appears to be medicine.
that 7 out of 10 Americans take prescription drugs. However, the second most common prescription is for antidepressants — meaning that mental health is a big problem.
READ MORE :
- Patanjali: The Sure Shot Solution To a Healthy Life
- 5 Dental Care Tips to Improve Your Teeth
- 5 Tips to Make Your Business Loan Application Perfect
- Back to Basics: 5 Easy Weight Loss Tips
- 5 Benefits Of Visiting A Chiropractor
Nevertheless, the majority of modern people feel so tired for another reason. Our bad lifestyle habits are our worst enemies that drain the energy and make our lives unpleasant.
- Deprived sleep. You know that you are supposed to have from six to nine-hour sleep but still go to bed after midnight and wake up early in the morning. If you continue a five-hour habit for a while, you can increase the risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and depression caused by chronic sleep deprivation. Good sleeping habits can improve a quality of life, help you feel refreshed, and improve your .
- Drinking alcohol. We are all familiar with the dangers of alcohol. Frequent alcohol consumption can affect your liver, and what’s more, alcohol can be the reason for fatigue and depression as it changes the way a person thinks and acts.
- Eating a lot of sugar and junk food. There has been a lot of talks lately about sugar is being bad for your health. It’s time to say ‘goodbye’ to empty calories and switch to whole foods, vegetables, and smoothies that will fuel you with natural energy to enjoy the day.
How to Overcome Fatigue
Considering the current way of life, we all become tired occasionally; that’s why I would like to share a couple of tips that usually help me become a better version of myself.
Have a Hot Bath
First of all, extreme tiredness applies mostly to sensitive people; that is why it is imperative to think about your mental state and physical condition. Research suggests that bathing can help deal with depression, eases muscle spasms, beats insomnia, and even relieves pain. Take a hot bath accompanied by a scented candle, and give yourself a break from any worries.
Take a 15-Minute Yoga Break.
After the entire day sitting in front of the computer, anyone can feel exhausted. A short 15-minute Yoga will help to give power over your body and mind to feel relaxed again. Yoga poses can help restore fatigue naturally without taking any medications and doing harm to your health. Just remember to listen to your body and don’t over-exercise.
Take a Short Nap During the Day
A short nap is probably the most effective way to rejuvenate your brain. Taking a power nap can show such benefits as increased productivity, enhanced memory, a boost in creativity, and most importantly, feeling less tired.
Drink Less Caffeine During the Day
How much coffee is considered too much? At the moment, European guidelines recommend that a healthy person should consume no more than 400 milligrams of caffeine, which is about 3-4 cups of coffee a day. However, considering other factors such as age, weight, personal genetics, and how much caffeine you have been consuming recently can change the recommended dose. For example, energy drinks can contain from 75 to over 200 milligrams. Drinking coffee keeps you awake and increases adrenalin, which gives you a quick boost when you need it, but it can also cause insomnia and increase blood pressure.
Eat Superfoods to Fight Fatigue Naturally
Include in your daily diet high energy foods and products that are the natural mood-boosters. The products you should start consuming to improve your energy level are green leafy vegetables, fruit that contains carbohydrates that are simple to digest and used for energy, and nuts containing a lot of protein and lower cholesterol.
We all sometimes feel tired and unmotivated in the afternoon. Using coffee, soda, and energy drinks to fight the fatigue and push through a tough work day is not the best way. The solution is just simple things we have been trying to avoid all along – sleep, physical activity, healthy food, and a little time to relax.