Filmora9 is the most recent version of video editing software Filmora. It is a competitor to Adobe Premiere Pro. It is still targeted at a more price-oriented sector of the software on PC and is regularly used by businesses and YouTubers for its versatility and affordability.category, which demands premium software features at affordable prices. Filmora is among the most popular editing
Adobe Premiere Pro is the most widely used editing app but is prohibitively expensive for educators, small content creators, and businesses. Its features are vast, but they are not required to solve most individuals and companies’ purpose. Filmora9 has enough options to edit a presentable and interesting video and render up to 4K resolution. It is much cheaper than the $240 annual fee demanded by Adobe for a subscription to Adobe Premiere Pro CC and the $600 annual fee for the entire catalog of apps.
is made by Wondershare and is available on PC and Mac. Files can be transferred between the two. An edit can be made on PC and transferred to Mac and vice versa.
Filmora9 is the latest update to Filmora and adds a host of new features. Here are the features:
- Hundred Video and Audio tracks: Video tracks were among the most requested features of Filmora. The developers have added the feature to organize video and audio media with a hundred new video and audio tracks to the application. Users can apply filters, transitions, and other effects to them to enhance the playback.
- Faster Imports and Exports: Users can save a lot of time with faster imports and exports.
- Adjustable track size: Users have demanded adjustable tracks as a feature for some time. The developers listened to community feedback; hence they have added adjustable track sizes, which are now available as small, normal, and big.
- Adjustable audio waveforms: Audio cues are better understood through precise waveforms.
- Keyframe audio editing: Audio keyframes can now be adjusted. Volumes can be adjusted depending on keyframes. Volume can be adjusted to highs and lows to emphasize certain audio cues.
- PC and Mac cross-compatibility: Video editing can be started on either PC/Mac, and editing can resume on the other platform.
- Adjustable playback quality: Playback quality is the practice to enhance performance while editing for people with low-end laptops and desktops and when file size is large. Playback quality can be adjusted to full, half, quarter, one-eighth, and one-sixteenth of quality for a smooth editing experience and exports the full quality rendition.
How to edit videos
People who are new to Filmora might take some time to get used to its editing process and must be ready to face its challenges. Post-production can take days and even months to complete; hence prepare for a slow process like other video editing applications.
A comprehensive guide on basic editing procedures is given below:
- Select and open the app: Double click on Filmora9’s icon to launch the app. The welcome screen will open, allowing the user to create a new project and open an existing project.
- Create a new project and choose an aspect ratio: Click a new project to load the editor. Register the product. Head to the toolbar and go to file > Project Settings to select the aspect ratio. There are multiple options for aspect ratios. Standard ratios such as 16:9 and 4:3 are the most commonly used aspect ratios. The former is the most suitable for widescreens such as desktop monitors, TVs, smartphones held horizontally, portable devices, and laptops. The latter is more common in old monitors and CRT TVs. There are also options for nonstandard aspect ratios, such as 9:16 for vertically oriented videos and 1:1 for square-shaped videos. Various resolution settings are available.
Filmora9 supports most video files, from videos captured with smartphones and webcams to footage recorded with professional cameras. Click on the Import button, choose the Import Media Files option, and then navigate the hard drive address where the footage is stored.
- Organize imported files: Files are button. Files can be organized in folders to make the workflow as smooth as possible, and these are stored in the My Album folder.
- Place files on the timeline to create a smooth flowing clip: Raw footage can be trimmed by dragging them from the Media tab, and new footage can be added to video clips and rearranged by dragging the files to their desired position—press Play to preview the clip. Playhead should be placed in front of the footage to be cut, and the scissor icon should be clicked. Then played is dragged to the end of cut footage to cut the footage in the middle of the playhead’s positions.
- Apply visual effects: Editing the video is the main objective of Filmora. It allows users to detach video and audio files, add a soundtrack, and use transitions to make different footages blend seamlessly, which produces more professional video clips.
- Apply filters: Color correcting stock footage is important if the user wants to give a certain feel to the footage, such as temperature and saturation effects. The Effects icon has hundreds of filters that adjust these parameters for users to create a certain feel.
- Export and Share: Videos can be exported in multiple file formats. Click on the Export button to export the video and select the Format for optimization depending on the platform.