The actual reason behind getting heartburn on a regular basis and a few simple remedies
As the name suggests, many of us may think that heartburn is something which is related to the heart. When we notice an irritation in your esophagus, then we call it as heartburn. The esophagus is the tube which forms a connection between our throat and stomach. The stomach acid which is formed can create a feeling of discomfort around the area of our upper belly.
Reasons for getting heartburn everyday
Heartburn that happens occasionally is considered to be normal but when we start experiencing it on a daily basis, it becomes a major problem.
- Unhealthy diet: if we are not maintaining a healthy diet, then we might suffer heartburn. Overeating, obesity, overweight or eating too fast can also cause heartburn. A healthy diet is very important to get rid of frequent heartburns. Eat your food slowly, do not rush. Take time to chew and swallow the food thoroughly. Smaller meals can reduce the risk of heartburn. Eliminate spicy food, citrus fruits, tomato, garlic and onion from your diet. Caffeine, alcohol and carbonated drinks are also one of the major reasons behind heartburn.
- Acid reflux disease: acid reflux disease is a common problem which many people suffer and this leads to frequent heartburn. This happen when the valve in the esophagus opens and does not close tightly. This causes acid reflex and we experience chronic heartburn. The lower esophageal sphincter gets permanently damaged. There are certain surgical techniques as well as tightening methods to wrap the esophageal valve.
READ MORE :
- Why I need Mobile Analytics
- Fire Investigation: 5 Helpful Tips for Documenting Arson Scenes
- Health Care Reform – Why Are People So Worked Up?
- What is Rhinoplasty Surgery and Who it is For
- Hospitals Not the Safest Places In the World – This Is How to Safeguard Your Stay
- Disorders related to stomach: an inflammation of the stomach lining can also turn to be the causes of heartburn. The lining of the digestive tract erodes due to excessive secretion of stomach acid. As a result, we suffer from chronic heartburn.
Other causes of frequent heartburn are listed below.
- Eating 2 to 3 hours prior to our bedtime can be one of the reasons behind heartburn. Try to avoid having meals just before we go to our bed. This causes the food to slide into our esophagus and trigger a burning sensation in our chest.
- Avoid drinking before bedtime. Drinking too much of alcohol can invite heartburn problems.
Symptoms of heartburn
Given below are some of the signs which indicate that we are suffering from frequent heartburn. They are:
- Breathing problems: if the swallowed food comes up to the mouth and we swallow the stomach acid, then we suffer from breathing problem. Asthma gets worse. Try to consult the doctor in such cases.
- Voice problems: heartburn can bring other problems such as a sore throat or a chronic cough. We constantly feel that there is a lump existing in our throat. We develop hoarseness in our voice.
- Tooth decay: the stomach acid is sour in taste. When it regurgitates, the tooth enamel may get damaged and wear away. This results in tooth decay.
- Ulcers develop in the esophagus: sores or ulcers develop as the esophageal lining gets destroyed by the stomach acid.
- Adverse effect on health: heartburn can create an impact on a person’s life. It lowers the quality of our life as well as our health.
If we notice any of the symptoms, it is strongly recommended to consult the doctor for the treatment.
How to get rid of acid reflux with home remedies
- lemon juice: having a pH value of 2, lemons are highly loaded with nutrients and vitamin C. we take one lemon and squeeze the juice out. Now we need to drink the raw lemon juice. This can help in treating heartburn. The acidic nature of lemons fights against the . Read today and apply the steps to cure your condition as quick as possible.
- Baking soda: unlike lemons, baking soda is a base. It is an effective medication for treating heartburn. The base can neutralize an acid. If we drink baking soda, it can neutralize the acidic effect of stomach acid. It is completely non-toxic in nature. We make a mixture of vinegar not only treats heartburn but also improves your digestion. We need to add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one-fourth cup of water. These mixtures fight against heartburn. We can also drink it before our meals in order to avoid the acid reflux.
Some of the supplements to treat heartburn naturally are probiotics, HCL with pepsin, magnesium and L-Glutamine. Besides we should try to quit smoking and drinking alcohol. Losing weight is very important. We should wear loose-fitting clothes as it puts less pressure on our stomach. The remedies given below are best ways to reduce heartburn. We must call a doctor when excessive vomiting occurs due to heartburn. Controlling our stress can reduce the chances of heartburn.