The internet marketplace is booming, and if you are not riding on this wave, you are missing out big time. Almost every big brand now has a huge online presence to get a customer-rich market. The idea of a globalized market is now real thanks to internet technology. Whatever type of business you are running, it is now possible to contend with competitors in your niche across the globe if you are able to gradually build your brand’s visibility.
READ MORE :
- Mossack, Fonseca, and Co: How did the Hackers Leak information?
- The Automobile: Profit and Status, Waste and Pollution
- Compensation Caused by Automobile Accidents
- Five Methods to Monetize Your Mobile App
- Essential WordPress Tips for Beginners
It all starts with a highly functional, powerful website, and this is where the WordPress content management system (CMS) comes in handy. A WordPress (WP) website is invaluable for any online business. If you want to leverage the growing number of (ITU). To appreciate the impact your website can have on your bottom line, consider that . If you have always considered your WordPress website or blog as a fad, this is the time to change your approach. This is indeed the most powerful weapon you have in the viciously competitive online market.
Leveraging the Power of Your WordPress Website
Now that you have an idea of how the internet can revolutionize your business, it is imperative to understand why you should go for the WordPress CMS as opposed to all the others. If you are wondering whether a WP website is the ideal platform, consider the following:
- Affordability: This is open-source software for which you don’t need an expensive license to use. This is the ideal CMS, especially for small businesses.
- Ease of customization: With thousands of free templates and themes, you can easily get the site design that suits your business.
- Ease of use: You don’t require any coding or programming skills to start using your new website. The one-click-install feature makes things easy for you and your staff.
- Built-in SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) is an integral part of your marketing platform. The code behind every WP website is clean and simple, and search engines find it easy to index your content, which boosts ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Scalability: With thousands of free plugins, you can extend the functionality of your website, be it in terms of security, speed, and other aspects. As your business grows, you need more functionality in such areas making WP the best CMS to use.
There are many other reasons to use WordPress including the large user community,reliable support, frequent upgrades and total control of your website, ready built-in blog, and ability to manage your website from any computer. Little wonder then that over 74.6 million websites rely on WP as their CMS.Optimizing Your WordPress Site Response Time
One of the most important aspects of site administration is guaranteeing top speeds. You might have the most fantastic-looking website, but if your target users are finding it hard to load the pages, you are treading on thin ice, so to speak.
According to KissMetrics, your site’s load time affects your company’s bottom-line in a big way. In a survey by the organization, 47% of users expect a page to load within 2 seconds or less. 40% of internet users abandon a site that takes more than 30 seconds to load. A single second delay in loading causes a 7% reduction in conversion rates. A similar study indicates that79% of shoppers who have trouble with a website say they won’t return to the same platform for future purchases. Simply put, research shows that server response time is a major factor in site abandonment.
You have to learn. Among the tested and proven strategies that you can use individually or together with your SEO consultant include:
Using A Content Delivery Network
Using a content delivery network (CDN) is a smart move, especially now that you will expect visitors from different geographical locations. A CDN works by distributing the queries to its network of servers. Finding the server nearest to the user to deliver the files leads to faster loading of the site.
Choosing a Reliable Web Hosting
Your web host is the foundation upon which your WP website rests and while starting out, make sure you consider the important role of your hosting. Don’t rush for cheap shared hosting packages that will be insufficient a few months down the line. It is advisable to go for a VPN or a dedicated WordPress hosting plan that will handle increasing requests to reduce server response time.
Choose The Best Framework Or Theme
When choosing their website theme, most people are quick to go for the most elaborate built-in features. While these are great for the appearance of your website, they will affect the server response time. When choosing a WP theme, you should focus on simplicity and speed. Go for a simple frame/ theme such as Genesis or Thesis Theme.
Limit Use Of WordPress Plugins
While plugins are very good for extending the functionality of your website, you should consider the impact this will have on your site’s loading time. The coding and scripts of each of the plugins will slow your site, hence limiting their use by looking for alternative methods to get things done.
Derek Iwasiuk is an IT guru based in New York. He runs, a highly informative IT blog targeting website owners. Derek lives in the city with his family. Visit his blog by clicking this link.