The employment landscape is changing–it has been in flux for the past 20 years with technology and innovation generating constant demands on graduates to keep up with an ever changing workplace.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Pupil Planning – 7 Tips For Making it Through the Uni Preparation Process
- Brainbuxa – India’s leading online education portal
- How Learning a Language Can Make You More Productive
- NEET 2018 to be Conducted on May 10- Will it be Tougher than Previous Years?
- The Ultimate Photography Business Management Software?
By identifying the jobs which are attaining and retaining the highest number of graduates and where career progression is valued and promoted, you will give yourself the optimum chance for success.
So which fields of study and degrees match this criteria and what do they offer?
The financial sector in Australia employs over 400,000 people with degree opportunities such as a growing presence of global companies like Ernst & Young and IBM in Australia, is also a solid employment stream for graduates.increasing job candidates prospects exponentially. The
A multitude of career paths through banking and private institutions are open to graduates with a finance degree including:
Law, security and intelligence
Legal studies and degrees involving homeland security can involve a range of diverse career paths and specialisations. Not only do degrees in this field offer a springboard for further study but they can open doors for the community conscious become involved with humanitarian work and make a positive impact on society.
Further studies within this field can cover:
- Criminology – the study of crime interrelated subjects surrounding our legal system
- Commercial law – may include:
- Environmental law – sustainability and the environment
- International law
- Governance – political analysis, advocacy, government work
- Policing and intelligence – risk management and crime reduction
- Law and the media – regulation of media, privacy and protection of free speech
- Security studies – surrounding local and international security threats
- Public policy – human rights, crime, national security, public health
- discrimination and equality.
Health and medical sciences
There is constant demand for medical practitioners and expertise in Australia, especially so in rural and disadvantaged areas.
A degree in Health and Medical Sciences will provide a platform for further studies in numerous fields including:
- Speech and language
- Public health
- Medical sciences
- Biomedical engineering
- Chiropractic science
- Aged care
With nursing and aged care among the fastest growth areas in terms of jobs, health it is a truly viable career prospect.
According the Government’s Job Outlook website, Education and Training is cited as one of the industries expected to experience the largest job growth to 2020. The higher than average age of current employees suggests there will be greater opportunities as older workers retire.
Career avenues include teaching across all levels of educational institutions and Universities, as well as tutoring, lecturing for both Goverment and private educational institutions.
Engineering and IT
Engineering is a broad term which can cover many facets of science and technology. So wide is the range of opportunities offered in this field that it’s sure to have a pathway which appeals to both technical and creative tastes and talents.
- Electronics including digital technologies like mobile phones and tvs, computers, appliances, power generation and a myriad of other areas
- Computer science involves computing and technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Games design and development
- Information systems
- Software development
- Web design and development
- Telecommunications engineering
Media, creative arts and communication
Digital information and communications is a field which commonly attracts content and marketing platforms, this is an industry which will continue to expand for the foreseeable future.–a skill which is becoming increasingly valued in the workforce. With the growing demand for digital
The arts can involve studies in all facets of of communication and media including:
- Creative writing
As seen above, the landscape for those considering a University Degree in 2018 is wide open. Whether you are seeking a career in the Sciences or the Arts or something in between, identifying the career map which will get you where you want to go, is the first step to a successful future.