The Public Provident fund has remained a favorite investment option for many investors throughout the years due to the safety of investments and hefty returns. It is also an attractive option for the ones whose motive is to get an income tax deduction. Apart from the deduction benefits on income tax while filing returns, PPFs can be considered a great investment option for retirement plans.
What is PPF?
PPF or exempted from tax. The minimum amount invested in a PPF in one financial year is Rs. 500, whereas the maximum amount that can be invested is Rs. 1 50,000. One can get more advantages like loans, withdrawals, and extensions on the PPF tenure. PPF is usually an investment scheme of 15 years.is a prevalent long-term investment selection that features the safety of the principal invested with an attractive interest on the amount of investment, both of which are
How to Open A PPF Account?
PPF Account can be started at any designated bank branch by anyone. There is no such eligibility criterion regarding who should own a PPF account. One may as well apply online.
The following things are required to open a PPF account:
- Get an idea proof. It may be your driver’s license, Voter Card, PAN Card, or Aadhaar Card.
- An address proof. It may be your telephone bill, ration card, or .
- Two current photographs
Pay-in-slip that would be required to transfer the amount to your PPF account.
READ MORE :
- How to Know When to Change the Company Structure
- Why Owning a Burger Franchise Might Be Your Ticket to Financial Freedom
- 3 Ways to Determine the Market Value of Your Commercial Property
- How to Sell More of Your Product in 2017
- Start Your Journey To The World of Cryptocurrency Today
More about PPFs
- A PPF account can be started online, and A few banks have an option for the same.
- There is no age limit, and anyone can open a PPF account.
- The maximum number of times one can deposit in a PPF account in a year is 12. One must deposit before the 5th of every month to get an interest for the full month. If you deposit the amount after the 5th of any month, the claim shall be calculated on the lowest balance from the credit of an account from the close of the 5th till the end of the month.
- The interest rate is attractive enough, providing interest of 7.6% on the deposit, which is completely exempted from income tax.
- One may opt for a loan between the 3rd and 6th financial year. The investor can also avail A partial withdrawal facility from the 7th year onwards.
- After a lock-in period of 5 years, the account can be extended too.
- Withdrawals from the PPF account- After the 5th year, the investor can withdraw 50% of the factoring effect, reducing the balance. year’s deposit or the 4th year’s deposit preceding the withdrawal date. A loan taken against your PPF has a
One has to apply with form C for any withdrawal. Also, one cannot withdraw more than once a year.
Ways to Maximise Interest Earned From Your PPF Account
The following are a few points to be kept in mind to earn the maximum interest out of your PPF account:
- Know when to deposit in your PPF account- A PPF holder needs to know when it is the right time to deposit in their PPF account. First, the investor needs to make regular deposits in the every 5th and 30th/31st of the month, which implies that the deposit to the PPF account is better made by the 5th of every month to avail the full month’s interest. like any SIP or mutual fund—next, you know how interest is computed on your promises. Interest is calculated on the least credit balance between
- Invest a lump sum amount before 5th April- Investing a lump sum amount at the start of every financial year can help you earn maximum interest on your PPF account as quite a hefty interest would be accrued to the investor on the whole of the lump sum amount by the end of the year. The maximum limit to which the PPF holder can deposit is 1.5 Lakh, and the entire amount would be subjected to Income Tax Benefits according to Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- Use the online system for the transfer- Several online service rather than go to the bank and deposit the amount manually. This will ensure that the account holder deposits the money before the 5th of every month to get the full interest without approaching a bank and going through the tiring deposit procedures. for opening a PPF account. The investor should opt for an