Years ago, most governments had a fairly mediocre view of the Internet, did not create legal barriers for users, and never collected their data. The same thing with hackers and malicious actors – each year, they invent new ways of stealing your data or even identity theft.
Today, surfing the world wide web can’t be as safe as before. To return full freedom on the Internet and get additional protection, you must certainly get a few insights into how VPN technology works.
What Will You Get With Using VPN
Installing just one plug-in or the program will provide you with the following benefits:
- You are on top of your privacy, hiding the Internet activity from ISP, hackers, and the government.
- You can bypass the censorship.
- You can emulate your location and get access to services that are banned in your area.
- You are protected from data leakage due to hacker attacks.
- You can safely download files through a p2p connection via EDonkey or BitTorrent.
What Are the Consequences of VPN
Your ISP cannot catch what you are getting and sending via the Internet. The provider cannot see your data because it is encrypted and cannot track which websites you visit because all Internet activity passes through the VPN server. Your ISP can only know that you are connected to a VPN server.
In many countries, using a VPN and all sorts of anonymizers is prohibited by law and may lead to a fine. This is why we strictly recommend you check if it is allowed in your current county. You go online with the VPN server’s IP address – if the VPN server is in another country, you look just like a regular visitor from this specific country.
Not All VPN Services Are Useful and Safe
Before deciding to use any service, please note that not all VPN services have strong data security solutions and policies. You can save some money using free VPN services, but only with paid options; you can count on the best performance and data security level. Some VPN services provide terribly low connection speed while having good data protection. And speed is crucial in 2018 because you can do nothing without a slow Internet connection. Imagine trying to watch Youtube or stream videos through Twitch when you freeze for seconds, if not minutes, because of a slow connection. Yeah… That is why you need to use only well-known services and solutions.
What VPN to Choose For Your MacBook
There are plenty of solutions if we talk about VPN for Mac. Most of them have the pretty same functionality and stability, so it’s more about which one you prefer than which one to use/not use. However, there is one solution you should try because of its perfect stability and clean and user-friendly interface. It is called the Shimo app, one of the most easy-to-use VPN solutions we’ve seen. Here’s a list of insights on this app and its features:
- This solution has built-in port forwarding, which means you can direct different parts of your traffic through a VPN or your regular Internet connection.
- With the AES 256-bit protocol, you have the industry’s best data encryption level alongside with two-level authentication option.
- You can run a few connections simultaneously. This is a killer feature when you need to test your website from different parts of the world or have a few diffextra for other reasons.
- You can set rules that would manage the way your MacBook will manage connections. For instance, you can set it to connect to some specific country when you enter another.
- No tech background is required to use this VPN solution.
As you can see, even a VPN app can have features that help you better manage your traffic and data security. Especially that feature with changing your IP depending on your geographic location or when to enable or disable VPN automatically.