Filters in vehicles are an extremely important part. They ensure that the vehicle is functioning smoothly and in a safe manner. The air filers of a vehicle can in some ways be compared to the lungs of the human body. If the lungs get filled with dirt because of pollution and cannot function properly, the entire body will start malfunctioning. Similarly, the air filters of vehicles accumulate dirt, dust, as well as airborne particles when they travel. It is necessary for them to be regularly cleaned or even replaced in order to ensure that the vehicle keeps functioning properly. The more regularly the filters are checked and maintained, the smoother the drive and the higher the efficiency. Listed below are four things you can keep in mind regarding the filters in your vehicle-
- Air Filters- every air-borne particle has the capacity to build up and clog your air filters. These particles can include dirt, dust, bits of debris from construction sites, pollen, miscellaneous bacteria, and even mold in wet areas. The more these airborne particles accumulate in your air filters, the lower the performance of your car. If you haven’t already done so recently, make sure to take your car to get the filters checked
READ MORE :
- Is it time to change your headlights to LED’s
- Three Things to Do with the Lemon in Your Garage
- The Top Techniques of the Top 50 Bloggers
- Clean The Junk Softwares
- The Ultimate Photography Business Management Software?
- Engine Damage- the main reason that the performance of your car deteriorates over time, is the accumulation of dirt in your air filters affects the functioning of the engine. The main parts of the engine i.e. the pistons, cylinders, and bearings start getting impacted drastically over time and this often leads to vehicular malfunctions, making it unsafe to travel in such a vehicle. While simply replacing the air filters at the appropriate time would have been a minor cost, repairing the engine as a whole will be a lot more expensive
- Cabin Filters- the next part of the car that is affected by clogged air filters is the cabin filters. These are the filters that ensure that passengers in the car breathe clean, unpolluted air. When the air filters get clogged with dirt and debris, the functioning of the cabin filters also reduces and these may also need to be changed. The first signs you should look for are sneezing and coughing whenever you enter your car, itchy eyes, as well as musty smells.
- Schedule- the owner’s manual of your vehicle will have detailed instructions as to when it has to be serviced and sent for maintenance. Make sure that you follow this schedule in order to ensure that your vehicle is still safe for you to travel in and that it performs to its optimum level. Almost every manual will state that air filters need to be checked and changed when the oil is changed. If you have any doubts, make sure to speak to your service centre
DSS Racing has a number of products that cater to your needs. Ranging from parts of the engine to other important parts of your car, DSS has products best suited to your vehicle. Click on http://dssracing.com/ to know more.