Want to increase the life span of your car? Want to stay away from the inconvenience of breakdown and repairs as much as possible? Looking for the easiest way to keep the vehicle running efficiently? If yes, then you need to be very particular with your oil changing routines. It is the most crucial step of keeping the car in a highly maintained state.
Remember, choosing low-quality oil can do the opposite and can degrade the performance of the engine. So, make sure to buy lubricants from a trusted source only.
Now, let us see the advantages of changing the engine oil on time.
- The engine remains clean – With the flow of oil from other internal areas into the engine, dirt and dust particles begin to accumulate. Not changing the oil at regular intervals can lead to the build-up of sludge in your engine. This can harness the overall functioning of your engine.
Thus, it is imperative to change the engine oil and replace filters on time, preventing the accumulation of any dirt and debris into your engine.
- Other parts of the engine stay in good working condition. Your vehicle’s engine comprises of many important components such as connecting rods, camshaft, and crankshaft that put your engine to work. To keep all these parts of the engine in the proper running condition, it is recommended to have clean oil in the vehicle’s engine. And to have clean oil, it is essential to stay strict with changing engine oil.
- The engine’s lifespan increases – An engine that is fed with fresh and clean oil can only last longer. For vehicles in which oil is not renewed on time, the gathered dust and grime will increase the friction between the engine’s moving parts. Further, this increase in friction will wear down precision-engineered parts and can lead to leakage between different components of the engine. If such a situation arises, the only option you are left with is to repair or replace the engine.
- Better gas mileage – Engines can run smoothly only with fresh oil that offers better lubrication and friction. And only a smooth operating engine can utilize fuel efficiently. This ultimately helps in improving the gas mileage. So, make sure to change the engine oil after regular intervals.
- Decrease vehicle emission – An engine whose oil is replaced regularly not only stays clean or runs smoothly but also releases less exhaust. It is so because the clean engine oil has a better ability to absorb engine-by-products and harmful particles, thus reducing vehicle emission.
Moreover, this is not only advantageous for your vehicle but the environment too; therefore, if you are among the ones who love mother nature and hate the harmful emissions of cars, replace the engine oil regularly.
- Better engine performance – With continuous exposure to heat, the old oil in the engine breaks down over time. Because of this, the oil loses its viscosity and efficacy to lubricate the walls of the engine. Moreover, with the increase of the oil’s dirt, it gets harder for it to reach the important parts of the engine. With the build-up of sludge, the engine blocks and relevant parts don’t get a sufficient oil supply.
Furthermore, because of the being old and dirty, the oil cannot draw heat from different parts of the engine. Thus, they stay hotter for a longer time, and the engine’s performance deteriorates. So, it is extremely recommended to get your oil changed at proper intervals, as mentioned in the owner’s manual.