Designing is a central concern when it comes to making of a website. Trust me, you cannot think of compromising with this aspect in any way. It is the first and the last impression on your customers and clients. After all, a great website design is definitely worth a thousand words. Here are a few hacks to making an effective designing page for your website :
- SAY “NO” TO BAD ENCODING :
It is one of the basic prerequisite if you want to become efficient in. Even now people do make these blunders and wrongly encoded text can actually be very annoying. Therefore it is always advisable that you ensure proper encoding before you decide to release the text onto the web.
- POOR CONTRASTS AND BACKGROUNDS :
It doesn’t matter how engaging your content is if the audience is not able to read it properly. Proper background and contrast is indispensable when it comes to designing. Believe me, solid background colors can have a drastic effect your users. Here are a few exquisite tips you could follow to engage more readers :
- Always prefer black type on a white background which is easiest to read.
- Always make a perfect mix and match of colors to attract more user base to your website. For example, dark type on a light background are more readable than light type on dark backgrounds. On the other hand, if light type must be used on a dark background it needs sufficient contrast to make things workable.
- If you are wanting to use patterned backgrounds then make sure that they are used against very light unpatterned sections where your text can be placed.
- FLASH IS NO MORE A TREND
Gone are the days when flash used to be popular among web designers. What has been noticed is that it can easily be targeted by malicious hackers as a Trojan delivery mechanism and can undoubtedly turn out to be a risk to your privacy. Due to incorporating of Flash cookies also known as Local Shared Objects, the damage can be irrecoverable. Did you know that these cookies bypass the browser’s security settings? What can be worse is that LSOs share data between different browsers, making it even more difficult for ordinary users to maintain privacy.
- AUTOPLAY VIDEO IS A DRAWBACK
It is not a good idea to work on assumptions that your users would want to play out the videos that your website displays. There are a multitude of reasons why it is not prudent to go for autoplay videos. The most important is that users are usually on limited bandwidth plans and they wouldn’t appreciate if your site keeps playing videos without their asking for it. This sheer interference can actually be a turn off for many mobile users. It won’t enrich user experience in any way and can actually be annoying.
- INFINITE SCROLLING IS A TURN OFF
Do you think that in this fast paced world anyone has the patience to keep scrolling to be able to find relevant information? The answer is in negative. It is irritating to users and is not considered any source of entertainment. Apart from this, it can also lead to performance and memory issues.
- UNNECESSARY ANNOYING POP-UPS
Pop ups can be really annoying to users if they are not in any way relevant to what they are looking for on a site. Users would want to avoid your site if they find better alternatives to it. Therefore, always keep things simplistic to attract users to your site.