An electric bike (also called as e-bike) does not come cheap. Investing in one is a big decision and must be well-thought of. Since electric bikes have become quite popular around the world, more and more brands vie for your attention and money. Fret not, we’re here help you make an informed choice.
This is your ultimate guide when answering the question- is it really worth it to invest in an e-bicycle?
What to consider before buying
These are the important tips and points to consider before investing in an e-bicycle.
Assess your needs
It is very important to note that different electric bikes suit different lifestyles and needs. Primarily, what you need to do is to assess your needs. Should you get an electric bike, what would be its purpose? Would you use it for work or as a hobby? From there, you can decide which features of the electric bike you need the most and the ones that you can live without.
Warranty is a must
Since you will be spending big bucks on an , support and warranty are also very important. This way, you will have access to any help or advice that you might need along the way. With that being said, it is much more beneficial for you to buy from an established brand.
Buy from an established brand
Buying from a brand that has good reviews and good products will give you peace of mind. You can definitely be sure that you are getting that best out of your investment. So do your research and ask around for brands that are known when it comes to selling the best electric bikes.
Being environmentally-friendly is more than just about electricity. You have to look from a wider perspective. You have to check the material used in the bike, the battery and how it is recycled when used up.
Comfortability is vital because if you aren’t comfortable when riding your electric bike then it is unlikely that you will find it useful. Learn more about what bike frames will suit you during the ride and even after it. Frames have a big impact on your form while riding which then affects the comfort.
Go for a test run of your “potential” bike. This is definitely the most reliable way to know if you found the one that you are looking for. If it feels right, you’ll know it. If it doesn’t, just keep looking. It is okay to do more research and not just act on impulse. Good things come to those who wait.
Last but most definitely not least, how much are you willing to shell out for an electric bike? If you are on a tight budget, get something that is most practical. But if you have extra cash to spend on something a little bit pricier, those extra features should be beneficial to you.
Electric Bike vs Regular Bike
So, is it more worth it to invest in an e-bike than a regular bike? Let’s break down the differences between the two.
An electric bike allows you to go farther and ride longer. Through the motor on e-bikes, it gives you twice the speed which in return would allow you to travel twice the distance compared to running on regular bikes. Moreover, electric bikes area also safer when riding along highways and expressways. Plus, you can definitely ride easier on hills now because of the motor that helps you ride up.
On the other hand, both are a great alternative to fuel-powered modes of transportation. Opting for regular bikes or electric bikes will allow you to save money on gas and help save the environment.
Other Advantages of Electric Bikes
Here are the other advantages of owning an electric bike:
- Electric bikes are of great use to elderly people. It allows them to go anywhere they.
- Electric bikes are also very easy to store. It is compact and requires little care and maintenance. You don’t have to worry about how much it will cost you to have it repaired or replace its bits and pieces. It is just like maintaining a regular bike but with a motor.
- Electric bikes are useful and better than public transport. It is very effective when affecting traffic and will get you to your destination in no time.
- If you ever you run out of battery, no problem! Just cycle normally as you do on regular bikes. You won’t be stuck anywhere because you can still use it with or without the motor.
- Electric bikes are also generally safer than regular ones. With the help of the motor, it gives more power for slowing down and acceleration. This will come in handy in accident-prone areas. Plus, it will help you keep up easily with the flow of traffic. When on a regular bike, cars would tend to take over because they want to get ahead of you. You won’t have to worry about that anymore.
- In terms of being fit, an electric bike helps you strengthen your core. It is by pedaling and steering through hills and steep inclines that your core is burning, in a very good way.
- Owning an electric bike translates to your lower carbon footprint. Since it obviously does not use gas, the e-bike emits a reduced amount of carbon compared to other fuel-powered modes of transportation. As a matter of fact, the European Cyclists’ Federation found in 2011 that when electric bikes were compared to cars, the bikes discharged just 8.1% of Carbon Dioxide per passenger and per kilometer.
Money does not grow on trees. Of course, you’d want to spend your hard-earned cash on a smart investment that will make your life easier. An electric bike is definitely one of those smart investments. If you want to learn more about electric bikes, do not hesitate to talk to one of our staff members.
So, to answer the question if electric bikes are really worth it to invest in? Our answer would be a big yes.