Blogging has become more popular and influential than it ever used to be. Blogging is much more than sharing information and knowledge these days. Blogs have become an outlet for expressions, thoughts, and honest opinions along with valuable knowledge and experiences.
Starting a blog would an excellent idea for anyone with a knack for writing. You can express your original views, thoughts, and opinions about literally everything for the relevant audience. Running a blog allows you to connect with an audience and establish yourself as an expert in a certain community, network, or circle. You can generate a massive following for yourself using blogs by guiding people, answering their queries, and providing public solutions.
Moreover, blogs are also a source of earning for a large number of content writers.
Here’s a guide on how to start and maintain a blog.
Initially, it’s almost impossible to cover multiple topics or aspects in a single blog. You’ll have to pick a niche before starting a blog. Choosing a niche is a tricky step. It is essential to opt for a niche that you can cover in-depth. You must be knowledgeable and well-informed about the particular niche before choosing it for your blog.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Ultimate SEO Copy Writing Tips For New Bloggers
- How to Optimize a Blog: The Blog Optimization Checklist
- 5 Reasons You Should Start An E-commerce Store for Your New Online Blog
- How to Create an Online Press Room
- Back to Basics: 5 Easy Weight Loss Tips
You must also analyze the size of the audience that you can engage for a certain niche.
due to its convenience, flexibility, and functionality.
Other alternatives include Blogger, Tumblr, Diderot, etc.
Finding a host for your website is another step without which a blog cannot go online. A host basically provides server space for your website, making it accessible for anyone connected to the World Wide Web. You’ll have to find an appropriate host for the website before it could go online.
There are tons of service providers that provide hosting services for websites and blogs; You’ll have to pick an appropriate hosting plan that fits your budget and requirements.
- Next, you’ll have to buy a domain name for your blog/website. A Domain is basically a web address or the URL of your website. You are supposed to buy a unique domain name for your personal blog.
- Domain names are usually cheap and involve long-term usability. By purchasing, you can reserve a domain for several years. However, you’ll have to renew it annually for a little amount.
- Choosing a domain name is pretty exciting. You have the liberty to name your blog literally anything, of course, other than those names that are already purchased. Your domain name must represent the nature of your blog and must be unique. Moreover, it should be catchy, easy to remember, and most importantly, easy to spell. You must ensure that there are absolutely no spelling confusions associated with your domain name, or it may end up creating trouble for you or those trying to access your blog.
- Here are the most reliable domain registrars out there and their pricing details.
- GoDaddy – $5 to $15 per domain
- NameCheap – $10 per domain including 1-year privacy protection for free
- HostGator – 5$ per domain with optional hosting
Next, you’ll have to install WordPress and feed in some details to get through it.
Once you’re done with everything mentioned above, you can start designing and customizing your website. You may also hire professional services to get your website designed. You can customize your website according to the theme of your blog and can make it aesthetically pleasing.
You can enable/disable options and tools according to your requirements, ensure that your website is easy to navigate, and you’re good to go.