Blogging has become more popular and influential than it ever used to be. Blogging is much more than sharing information and knowledge these days. Blogs have become an outlet for expressions, thoughts, honest opinions, and valuable knowledge and experiences.
Starting a blog would be an excellent idea for anyone with a knack for writing. You can express your original views, thoughts, and opinions to the relevant audience. Running a blog allows you to connect with an audience and establish yourself as an expert in a certain community, network, or circle. You can generate a massive following for yourself using blogs by guiding people, answering their queries, and providing public solutions.
Moreover, blogs are also a source of earnings for many content writers.
Here’s a guide on how to start and maintain a blog.
Initially, covering multiple topics or aspects in a single blog is almost impossible. You’ll have to pick a niche before starting a blog. Choosing a place is a tricky step. It is essential to opt for a niche that you can cover in-depth. Before choosing it for your blog, you must be knowledgeable and well-informed about the place.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Ultimate SEO Copy Writing Tips For New Bloggers
- How to Optimize a Blog: The Blog Optimization Checklist
- 5 Reasons You Should Start An E-commerce Store for Your New Online Blog
- How to Create an Online Press Room
- Back to Basics: 5 Easy Weight Loss Tips
You must also analyze the audience size you can engage for a certain niche.
due to its convenience, flexibility, and functionality.
Other alternatives include Blogger, Tumblr, Diderot, etc.
Finding a host for your website is another step without which a blog cannot go online. A host provides server space for your website, making it accessible to anyone connected to the World Wide Web. You’ll have to find an appropriate website host before it can go online.
Tons of service providers provide hosting services for websites and blogs; You’ll have to pick an appropriate hosting plan that fits your budget and requirements.
- Next, you must buy a domain name for your blog/website. A Domain is a web address or the URL of your website. You are supposed to buy a unique domain name for your blog.
- Domain names are usually cheap and involve long-term usability. By purchasing, you can reserve a domain for several years. However, you’ll have to renew it annually for a small amount.
- Choosing a domain name is pretty exciting. You have the liberty to name your blog anything, of course, other than those names that are already purchased. Your domain name must represent the nature of your blog and must be unique. Moreover, it should be catchy, easy to remember, and, most importantly, spell. You must ensure that there are no spelling confusions associated with your domain name, or it may create trouble for you or those trying to access your blog.
- Here are the most reliable domain registrars out there and their pricing details.
- GoDaddy – $5 to $15 per domain
- NameCheap – $10 per domain, including 1-year privacy protection for free
- HostGator – 5$ per domain with optional hosting
Next, you’ll have to install WordPress and feed in some details to get through it.
Once you finish everything mentioned above, you can start designing and customizing your website. You may also hire professional services to get your website designed. You can customize your website according to the theme of your blog and can make it aesthetically pleasing.
You can turn options and tools on/off according to your requirements, ensuring your website is easy to navigate and ready to go.