What is responsibility? Who is responsible for our children while they are at school? Do we have rights to blame the school if something happened to a child? The answer is yes and no. Parents and the school administration are in the same team working on children`s well-being. In a year, a child spends maximum time in the school, and it is like the second home for them. The school is equally responsible for the safety of each student as much as their parents are.
A school needs to be a safe environment where the growth of the child is not hindered due to any drawback or problem arising from the carelessness of the school faculty. They are responsible for taking necessary steps that assure you that your child is safe, secure and unharmed from any other student, teachers, authorised and unauthorised visitors, staffs, structural problems, self-inflicted harm, straying away, and many more possibilities. It is not okay to assume from this that they are responsible for every problem that arises due to the negligence of the child, like falling down, hurting oneself while playing, eating, choking, etc. which might happen to anybody.
Children GPS tracking and monitoring do away with numerous problems that might arise without any prior notice by notifying the whereabouts of the child or the school bus; or showing the live feed on mobile phones, surveillance monitors, etc. Let us look into the benefits of adopting GPS in schools:
- Schools take children out of the campus for field trips and excursions, which may turn up into a nightmare if a child goes missing. GPS solves this problem and turns them into a merry and fun-filled activity.
- The school benefits from GPS in numerous ways when it comes to school buses. They can gain control over bus routes, getting information about the bus, controlling the detours taken (if any), monitoring stoppage times, stopping drivers from taking unauthorized routes, monitoring bus speed, faster turnaround time in emergency cases, and ultimately finding a missing bus.
- The specific information of a child will help the school administration to monitor and evaluate the overall growth of the child. Not only their marks are taken into consideration within the classroom but the co-curricular activities are also evaluated.
- Safety of the child is the final and foremost advantage provided by the installing of GPS in schools.
READ MORE :
- How to Wash, Wax, and Polish Your Car
- Vidmate Latest Version for Android Free Download
- India’s Education Sector
- Top tourist places for Destination Weddings in Jaipur
- 5 Ways to Get that Old Car Out of Your Driveway
Adopting GPS system in schools is a benefit that will reap profits for the school and the parents as well. The school is obviously responsible for the welfare of the children from the time they step onto the bus till they reach their individual homes again. In order to enhance the process, building a safe and engaging environment for the children in schools can do the following things:
- Discuss the necessity of GPS system with the parents and describe the advantages with examples through presentations and meetings.
- Plan a budget that can be divided and added to the school fees of the children. This addition must be notified to the parents in the beginning of the academic year. This will reduce the financial stress over the school and parents will also be relieved about their children.
- Through the signing of agreements and deeds, a spare system can be installed in the house of the individual child that the parents can use to track and monitor their child when they are on a field trip or even in the school campus.
- The parents must be made a part of the initiative and be able to track the buses when their children board while going to school or while coming back home.
- With both parties involved, police departments and hospital facilities must be made an active part of the system in case of an emergency.
It is wrong to assume that only the school is responsible for the child during school hours which is more than the time they spend at home. Global Positioning System will change this outlook by securing better safety measures for the child by drawing the attention of parents and school administration to the important issue at hand. As this sort of network incurs substantial funding, it is better to discuss and implement security policies before and after the installation of the system.