If you are an Instagram user, you must be well aware of stalkers on Instagram. It is not a very comfortable experience to know that there may be who are silently stalking your profile. Stalkers can often harbor malicious intentions.
Let us delve deeper and look into the scenario.apps are available, but the question is, are they effective? Or do you have to rely on your intuition and judgment to steer clear of these stalkers?
Who are these stalkers?
Stalkers are those people who, with their accounts, visit and keep track of your account without letting you know. Relationship-based stalking is the most common of the lot, and these people include exes, crushes, and dumpers. There is also business-based stalking, where competitors stalk each other. Rivals in a business stalk each other because they want to stay ahead and make the most out of the market. New posts, promotions, mentions, etc., are of importance when talking about business stalking.
How to tell if someone is stalking you?
There are a few logical ways in which you can deduce, whether some on is stalking you or not, like –
- If someone is stalking you, they would barely miss any Instagram stories. So, if you find that a particular person sees all your stories, there are high chances of that person stalking you.
- The stalker would generally be high on the list of those who saw your stories.
- A stalker would avoid attracting any attention, so they generally will not like or comment or do something that invites communication. They would also hardly send any direct messages to you.
- More often than not, Instagram stalkers have fake accounts. Therefore, if you find a fake account is following you, it is highly probable that it is a stalker.
Now, apart from these pointers, there is another brilliant way to identify stalkers on Instagram. And that is by using Instagram tracking applications. Such apps are not a direct way to spot stalkers, but these can be effective if the suspected account is not private.
Can you prevent a stalker by using Instagram trackers?
Along with using an Insta tracker, you can also do a few more things to safeguard against potential stalkers, like –
- You may set your account to private. That way, there will be control over who follows you.
- If you suspect an account to be your stalker, you can block that account.
- You can create a close friends list for Instagram stories and share the stories with them only.
There are plenty of tracking apps that you will come across, but not all of them are useful enough. But if you use reliable and popular software like Snoopreport, you pin down the actual account that has been stalking you.