As a webmaster or an online marketing agency, you can use many available tools and approaches to create high quality content, perform keyword research, or to optimize your clients’ sites SEO. This is very important to your success in business as most search engines, particularly Google use different methods such as keyword density analysis, content quality and analysis among other features to rank your page on the search result page. However, keyword research and planning and quality content is not enough to take your SEO business to a high level. You could still be having difficulties assessing your, as well as showing you client the impact of your SEO efforts. SERP tracking will closely monitor your marketing strategy performance and provide informative reports that would inform your decision making.
Importance of SERP Tracking
Whether you are dealing with a blog, an online cart or e-commerce website, goodwill be useful in:
- Real Time Monitoring Of Your SEO Ranking – It identifies your website positions on the search result page. This will help you to evaluate your performance, so as to take the right action in a timely manner. The tool also sends instant notifications in case of a drastic drop in the rank.
- Progress Reporting – You can use reports and graphs generated by the tracker to update your clients on the marketing campaign progress, as well as to show the impact of your SEO services to their business. As a SEO expert, you can use such reports to recommend changes to the clients.
- Increasing Traffic To Your Site – The tracking solution can be used to identify and exploit new opportunity, so as to increase natural traffic to your This can be done by analysing the keyword suggestion and grouping capabilities, monitoring of back links and analysis of your competitors’ activities.
Choosing the Right Rank Tracking Tools
Choosing an ideal SEO tracking solution can be tough with so many options available today. However, there are some primary features that matter most no matter your rank tracking requirements or the type of the website. These primary features include:
- Accuracy – The main goal of SEO rank tracking is to precisely be able to tell where your site ranks, so that you can adjust your online marketing strategy accordingly. Given the uniqueness of every search engine search, your preferred rank tracker should be able to efficiently show your position in any situation.
- Multiple Rank Tracking Criteria – An ideal SERP tracking tool should provide both location rank tracking and mobile rank tracking. This allows you to get ranking reports based on geographical locations. As use of mobile devices increase every day, there is a need for webmasters and SEO services providers to be able to tell where they rank among the millions of searches from mobile devices.
- Supported Search Engines – Though Google is the most popular search engine, there are many others and they are important to your business as well. At the minimum, your rank tracker should be able to provide rank results from at least 5 top search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and others.
- White Label Report Feature – The tracking solutions should allow you and your client to customize the generated reports so as to promote your brand.
- Number Of Keywords – You should always go for a tracker that supports approximately double the current number of keywords. This enhances scalability in case you get new clients or the number of keywords for your sites grows than expected.
- Rank Updates – A good tracker should update rankings at least on a daily basis. It should also be able to notify you in event of a drastic change, so that you can check what is going on.
- Data Presentation And Organization – You need to check whether the data organization is clear and accurate as you would like. Your rank tracker should be well organised and neat with auto-generated graphical illustrations for quick understanding. Most of the trackers allow you to customize data representation and select which SEO ranking metrics you need to analyze. The interface should also be user friendly and portable across your laptop and mobile devices.
- Pricing And Plan – Different services costs differently. It is always important to consider a service that offers the most features at the least cost possible. Though most of the rank tracking services is quite affordable, it makes sense to get the most value of your money.
- Other Special Features – On top of the basic must-have features, if you land a tracker that offers more useful services would be a plus to your business. Such features may include cloud smart decision making tools, sub accounts, user manager and API integration among others.
If you run an SEO business, get the best rank tracker with features that make it easy to perform your duties and at the same time improves your clients’ experience.