As a webmaster or an online marketing agency, you can use many available tools and approaches to create high-quality content, perform keyword research, or optimize your clients’ site’s SEO. This is very important to your business success as most search engines, particularly Google, use different methods such as keyword density analysis, content quality, and analysis, among other features, to rank your page on the search result page. However, keyword research and planning and quality content are not enough to take your SEO business high. You could still have difficulties assessing yourand showing the clients the impact of your SEO efforts. SERP tracking will closely monitor your marketing strategy performance and provide informative reports that would inform your decision making.
Importance of SERP Tracking
Whether you are dealing with a blog, an online cart, or an e-commerce website, goodwill be useful in:
- Real-Time Monitoring Of Your SEO Ranking – It identifies your website positions on the search result page. This will help you evaluate your performance to take the right action promptly. The tool also sends instant notifications in case of a drastic drop in rank.
- Progress Reporting – You can use reports and graphs generated by the tracker to update your clients on the marketing campaign progress and show your SEO services’ impact on their business. As an SEO expert, you can use such reports to recommend changes to the clients.
- Increasing Traffic To Your Site – The tracking solution can be used to identify and exploit the new opportunity to increase natural traffic to your This can be done by analyzing the keyword suggestion and grouping capabilities, monitoring backlinks, and analyzing your competitors’ activities.
Choosing the Right Rank Tracking Tools
Choosing an ideal SEO tracking solution can be tough with so many options available today. However, some primary features matter most, no matter your rank tracking requirements or the website type. These primary features include:
- Accuracy – The main goal of SEO rank tracking is to precisely tell where your site ranks so that you can adjust your online marketing strategy accordingly. Given the uniqueness of every search engine search, your preferred rank tracker should be able to show your position in any situation efficiently.
- Multiple Rank Tracking Criteria – An ideal SERP tracking tool should provide both location rank tracking and mobile rank tracking. This allows you to get ranking reports based on geographical locations. As the use of mobile devices increases every day, there is a need for webmasters and SEO services providers to be able to tell where they rank among the millions of searches from mobile devices.
- Supported Search Engines – Though Google is the most popular search engine, there are many others, which are important to your business. At the minimum, your rank tracker should be able to provide rank results from at least 5 top search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others.
- White Label Report Feature – The tracking solutions should allow you and your client to customize the generated reports to promote your brand.
- Number Of Keywords – You should always go for a tracker that supports approximately double the current number of keywords. This enhances scalability in case you get new clients or the number of keywords for your sites grows than expected.
- Rank Updates – A good tracker should update rankings at least daily. It should also notify you in the event of a drastic change to check what is going on.
- Data Presentation And Organization – You need to check whether the data organization is clear and accurate as you would like. Your rank tracker should be well organized and neat with auto-generated graphical illustrations for quick understanding. Most of the trackers allow you to customize data representation and select which SEO ranking metrics you need to analyze. The interface should also be user friendly and portable across your laptop and mobile devices.
- Pricing And Plan – Different services costs differently. It is always important to consider a service that offers the most features at the least cost possible. Though most of the rank tracking services are quite affordable, it makes sense to get the most value for your money.
- Other Special Features – On top of the basic must-have features, a tracker that offers more useful services would be a plus to your business if you land. Such features may include cloud smart decision-making tools, sub-accounts, user managers, and API integration.
If you run an SEO business, get the best rank tracker with features that make it easy to perform your duties and at the same time improves your clients’ experience.