iPhones are some of the most advanced and technologically efficient phones out there. However, iPhones are also known for their Apple-exclusivity, as a result of which it’s extremely difficult to.
When people have to perform an, they usually only have (or think they only have) one option — iTunes. Using iTunes, you can save all your media files — pictures, videos, music, etc — into your computer and then later transfer them to your Android phone. This process is complicated and it’s not very efficient because it can’t be used to transfer calendars, documents, etc.
However, if you want to completely migrate and transfer data from iPhone to Android, you’ll need to use an effective third-party application. In this article, we’ll give you an overview of how to transfer from iPhone to Android without iTunes.
PART 1: How to Transfer data from iPhone to Android using dr.fone – Switch 1-Click Solution
The best and most effective way to transfer data from iPhone to Android is to use a third-party tool called dr.fone — Switch. This tool can transfer all your data from one phone to the other without having to use iTunes. Unlike iTunes, it doesn’t just transfer your media files but all your files, including your notes, calendars, messages, documents, etc.
dr.fone is an application that was rolled out by one of the world’s most accomplished technological empires — Wondershare. As such, you can be completely assured of its reliability and authenticity.
The best aspect of dr.fone — Switch is that it’s a consolidated one-stop 1-click solution to your iPhone to Android migration needs.
dr.fone – Switch
Consolidated 1-Click Solution to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
- Transfer all your contacts, photos, documents, calendars, etc, from iPhone to Android.
- Supports all Android phones and iPhones, regardless of model or company.
- Compatible with all major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Can be installed on all Windows and Mac OS computers.
How to Transfer data from iPhone to Android without iTunes
Performing an iPhone to Android transfer is a simple 3-Step process. Just follow these steps and you’ll be done in no time!
Step 1: Connecting the iPhone and Android phones
First, you have to download and launch dr.fone — Switch on your PC. Once done, connect your iPhone and Android phone to the computer using data cables. dr.fone will automatically detect the two phones.
Step 2: Set iPhone as the Source phone
In the main menu, you’ll have to select the ‘Switch’ option. You’ll be taken to a screen wherein you have to select iPhone as the “Source” phone and select the Android phone as the “Destination” phone. You can use the ‘Flip’ button to change their positions.
Step 3: Transfer from iPhone to Android
Select all the file types — photos, videos, music, documents, etc — that you want to transfer and click on the ‘Start Transfer’ button. A progress bar will show you which files are being transferred and which have already been transferred. Once done, it will read ‘Success’ and you’ll know that your iPhone has been copied to your Android phone.
You should be careful about the following points when you’re using dr.fone to transfer data from iPhone to Android phone.
- Contact Transfer: In order to successfully transfer your contact details from one to the other, you need to upload the contacts into any of your online accounts such as Facebook, Gmail, Yahoo!, etc. That’s the only way to ensure that the contacts will get transferred from iPhone to Android.
- Backup & Restore: In the main menu of dr.fone, you’ll also find an option called “Backup & Restore”. If you don’t currently have your destination Android phone, you can use this option to save all your iPhone’s data into your computer. Later, when you get your Android phone, you can initiate a 1-click process to transfer the data from the computer to your Android phone.
PART 2: Using iTunes to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
The official method prescribed by Apple to transfer data from iPhone to Android is using iTunes. However, for this method, you’ll have to use 2 Android apps in addition to iTunes as well.
Steps to follow for iPhone to Android transfer using iTunes
- Access iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings panel and select the ‘Back Up Now’ option so all your files are saved in your computer.
- Now connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable and copy the backup file to your SD card.
- From the Google PlayStore, download an app called iSMS2droid. Access the app and click on ‘Select iPhone SMS Database’. Choose the backup file, select the files that you want to transfer to your Android phone, and convert them to an XML file.
- Next, you need to download another app called SMS Backup & Restore. You can use it to transfer your iPhone messages to your Android phone’s database.
As you can see, using iTunes is a complicated and cumbersome process. Furthermore, this method is meant specifically for the text messages. To transfer the media files like pictures, music, and videos, you’ll have to transfer them from your iPhone to your iTunes and then from your iTunes to your computer, before being able to upload them to your Android phone.
So now you know how to transfer data from iPhone to Android both with and without iTunes. If you prefer a free method of doing so and don’t mind losing vital contacts, calendar info, etc, you can use the iTunes method. However, if you want to retain all your data, dr.fone — Switch is the way to go.