There is a saying called the first impression is the last impression, and it is true in every way. The very first time a user visits your website which you have made with the help of a web design agency, they start judging you. And if you get a positive judgment, then only can you expect that visitor to revisit your website again. A visitor spends less than a minute on your website and within that very short span of time, you need to make an impression. Or else, you can hope that the user would never be back on your site.
So, to create a good first impression, you need to follow certain tricks. Here we’re listing a few of them.
- The first thing a visitor would notice is how clean your site is and how beguiling the design is. A clean website with a vibrant theme would attract any user. On the other hand, a website with full of piled up stuff, images, and ads scattered here and there would annoy everybody. So, make sure your website’s dashboard is clean and user-friendly.
READ MORE :
- 5 Tips For Organizing Your Software Tools
- Why an Online Portfolio is Critical for a Website Designer?
- How to Plan for Your Retirement
- Michael Thomas Eckhardt – How to Make Your Blog Successful
- Financial Tips for Newlyweds
But good design does not mean too many colors. You must try to keep things simple. There is a certain kind of elegance in simplicity, and that’s what every user seeks. So, make sure that the first time a visitor reaches for your site, they get to see a neat and bright webpage and not a messy and overly decorated one.
2. The next thing you must remember is, don’t make the visitors wait. If they have to wait even for an extra second, they are more likely to leave. And to make sure that you’re not making them wait, you need to reduce the loading time. As loading time increases, users tend to get annoyed. To reduce the loading time, you need to buy a fast server.
Also, you must optimize your images properly, because it is the images which generally take more time to load. Also, if your site has downloadable contents, then the downloading time needs to reduce as well. If a user finds high downloading time, they are most likely to download the same content from a different site at a higher speed.
3. The next matter of concern is the data you’re providing. Firstly, the data or the contents you’re providing must be to the point. They should be catchy yet brief. And secondly, the contents should be placed in such a way that the user gets a glimpse of them instantly. Don’t forget that your main objective is to showcase those contents and it is better that you place them on your site in such a place that users won’t have to look for them much.
Also, highlight those contents in a better way. And make sure your site has enough contents and the users get to scroll much. Yes, users these days like scrolling and the more they scroll the better it is for your site. So, keep images, various case studies, blogs etc. on your website to keep the users engaged.
4. You can put videos on your website to attract the users. Sometimes video contents help users in understanding things easily which they can’t learn by reading. So, video contents are good. Just, make sure the video is well made, it is visible and the video maker is efficient in explaining the particular thing. But you must not force the users to watch the video. There are many such users who personally do not like watching videos, they are more comfortable with reading. So, your website must give the users both the options.
These are the best tips to make an impressive first impression for your website.