There is a saying called the first impression is the last impression, and it is true in every way. The first time a user visits your website, which you have made with a web design agency’s help, they start judging you. And if you get a positive judgment, then only can you expect that visitor to revisit your website. A visitor spends less than a minute on your website, and within that concise span of time, you need to make an impression. Or else, you can hope that the user would never be back on your site.
So, to create a good first impression, you need to follow certain tricks. Here we’re listing a few of them.
The first thing a visitor would notice is how clean your site is and how beguiling the design is. A clean website with a vibrant theme would attract any user. On the other hand, a website full of piled up stuff, images, and ads scattered here and there would annoy everybody. So, make sure your website’s dashboard is clean and user-friendly.
READ MORE :
- 5 Tips For Organizing Your Software Tools
- Why is an Online Portfolio Critical for a Website Designer?
- How to Plan for Your Retirement
- Michael Thomas Eckhardt – How to Make Your Blog Successful
- Financial Tips for Newlyweds
But good design does not mean too many colors. It would help if you tried to keep things simple. There is a certain kind of elegance in simplicity, and that’s what every user seeks. So, make sure that the first time a visitor reaches for your site, they get to see a neat and bright webpage and not a messy and overly decorated one.
2. The next thing you must remember is, don’t make the visitors wait. If they have to wait even for an extra second, they are more likely to leave. And to make sure that you’re not making them wait, you need to reduce the loading time. As loading time increases, users tend to get annoyed. To reduce the loading time, you need to buy a fast server.
You must also optimize your images properly because it is the images that generally take more time to load. Also, if your site has downloadable contents, then the downloading time needs to reduce as well. If a user finds high downloading time, they will most likely download the same content from a different site at a higher speed.
3. The next matter of concern is the data you’re providing. Firstly, the data or the contents you’re providing must be to the point. They should be catchy yet brief. And secondly, the contents should be placed so that the user gets a glimpse of them instantly. Don’t forget that your main objective is to showcase those contents, and it is better that you place them on your site in such a place that users won’t have to look for them much.
Also, highlight those contents in a better way. And make sure your site has enough content, and the users get to scroll much. Yes, users these days like scrolling, and the more they scroll, the better it is for your site. So, keep images, various case studies, blogs, etc., on your website to keep the users engaged.
4. You can put videos on your website to attract users. Sometimes video contents help users understand things easily which they can’t learn by reading. So, the video contents are good. Just make sure the video is well made, it is visible, and the video maker is efficient in explaining the particular thing. But you must not force the users to watch the video. Many such users personally do not like watching videos; they are more comfortable with reading. So, your website must give the users both options.
These are the best tips to make an impressive first impression on your website.