Dogs are the closest animals who can relate with Human. For thousands of year since the start of evolution, the bond between man and dogs has been extremely close.
The invisible relationship between both often is noted as an example of loyalty, love and immense faith. It is essential to nurture and care for dogs as much as they do for us. The first step when you bring a dog to your home is to set up a bed for them.
Why do you need a dog bed?
We human need a private spot to relax and rewind. In the same way, dogs too need a place where they can relax and sleep too. Just like we have a hard time sleeping or resting on the floor, in the same way, dogs also feel uncomfortable on the floor. They need a spot that is warm and well cushioned to relax.
Points to remember while choosing a Dog Bed
It is essential to observe how your dog generally sleeps. Every dog has a definite style of sleeping just like any normal human being.
- Some dogs tend to sleep on their back with their heads lying in weird position. The angled and support less head might look funny and goofy but is dangerous for the dog, so choosing a bed with supported boundaries will ensure that the dog’s head is not in such misshaped state especially while sleeping.
- Level of energy in a dog is also a determining factor. A very active and hyper dog needs a bed that is sturdy and slightly thicker than usual to ensure that it does not harm itself while being hyper excited.
- The budget, home décor, and size also play an essential role in determining the type of bed one chooses for their Dog. Choosing is a significant one-time investment if you value your dog and your home a lot.
What are the benefits of Dog beds?
- Protection against temperature change
Dogs are also affected by temperature change. Too much heat and too cold, both are awful for the well being of the dog. A warm thick bed for winter and water or gel-based plastic coated cool bed for summer are always advised for the well being of the dog. An ideal dog bed is the one that keeps the body of the dogs at an optimal level at all the time.
- Prevents the furs from getting dirty
Dogs tend to roll and lie anywhere they want. The habit causes the coats to accumulate dirt faster. Since bathing a dog every day is not an option, this becomes a significant issue. And when this dirt is dropped all over the house, the question becomes bigger trouble. A dog bed is a great object to coax the dog to sit, lie or even roll at a designated spot instead of odd places. The placement of a Dog bed ensures the dog’s body is clean and the house too.
- Individual space for the dogs to relax and rewind
Heavy duty dog beds are often recommended as dogs tend to chew and scratch a lot while they are relaxing. Dog beds are perfect spot for them to relax and play without causing disruptions around the house.
- Protection of the bones and joints of the body
Dogs often develop bone related issues if they are not taken care of well. Though individual orthodontic beds are available for such problems and for dogs that are aging, a standard dog bed is a must for any household with a dog. A healthy dog bed also ensures proper cushioning of the body of the dog while it is sleeping.
- Prevents unnecessary damage to the furniture
Dogs have a tendency to scratch, dig and lick every possible surface they find interesting. One of the most significant problems with dogs is the scratch marks left by dogs on the furniture. Gettingensures that their biting and scratching is limited to their bed and not the furniture around.
- Shedding is controlled and limited to space
Dogs shed a lot of hair. Strewn across the entire property many times these fine hair are tough to clean up. A good dog bed ensures that most of the furs are entrapped within the borders of the bed as they roll and move around the dog bed. A dog bed minimizes the chance of shedding around the property.
Dog beds are a great addition to the family home if you want to protect the property along with providing a good care system for your dog. A dog bed not only is a comfort zone for the dogs but, it is also a protective gear against the harsh elements like climate, moisture, dust and critters. Buying a Dog bed is the first step of parenthood for sure.