Chicken recipes are a delight to every non-veg lover. And as everyone is getting health-conscious, grilled items are more preferred over fried ones. Smoky grilled chicken is one such recipe that is not fried but doesn’t comprise chicken taste. With lower fat content than another chicken recipe, the feels crispy and juicy in the mouth and is also a great hunger solution.
So, to know how to cook this crispy and juicy recipe of grilled chicken at home, keep reading further.
The recipe is one of the most famous grilled chicken items. But you can make it one of the famous recipes of your kitchen too. This amazingly delicious recipe of chicken sounds delicious from its name itself. Also, it lowers some fat content as it is grilled and not fried. It is effortless to cook at home. But if you cannot control your watery mouth, you can easily order it and g .
Note the ingredients for the dish:
Before cooking any dish, it is essential to know the recipe’s ingredients well because ingredients bring the recipe’s actual taste. Also, some other pre-requisites must be fulfilled to get the best taste of the food item. It takes a maximum of one hour to cook this amazing recipe. Now get yourself ready and note down the ingredients for various segments of the recipe.
- For Marinade:
- 8 cups of water.
- 1/4 cups of salt.
- 1 teaspoon MSG(optional) flavor enhancer.
- 1 small piece of chicken cut into 8-10 pieces.
- To Brush Chicken:
- ¼ cup of Vegetable oil.
- ¼ cup of liquid smoke.
- ¼ cup of soya sauce.
- For Seasoning Mix:
- 2 teaspoon all-purpose flour.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- ¾ teaspoon of chicken soup base.
- ¼ teaspoon of dried marjoram.
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- ¼ teaspoon of dried basil.
- 1/8 teaspoon of oregano.
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Equipment Required:
- One large and one small bowl for mixing and keeping the solution.
- Spoon one big and one teaspoon for mixing and measuring the number of ingredients.
- and grill pan.
- Cooking pan/frying pan.
Procedure to make smoky grilled chicken:
- Preparing the brine:
- Mix all the brine ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold all the chicken pieces along with water. Dissolve the flavor enhancer and salt by stirring it well. After properly dissolved, dip the chicken pieces in it. Now, put the mixture with chicken dipped in the solution in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preparing the seasoning mix:
- Mix all the seasoning materials properly and make a proper mixture till all the ingredients mix well. Then set it aside.
- Now mix the chicken brush ingredients properly and stir it well and make a solution and set it aside.
- Preparing Smoky Grilled Chicken:
- Start preheating the oven at 350oF.
- Now take out the refrigerated chicken and make it dry by patting. Now dispose of the brine solution out.
- Now the liquid brush solution is used. Rub or brush it on both sides of all the pieces of chicken properly and one by one.
- Now bring the seasoning mixture powder. You can either sprinkle the seasoning mixture on both sides of the chicken pieces or just put the chicken pieces in the mixture and flip on both sides.
- Heat a pan and put the chicken on it to cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip the chicken pieces to another side. Remove the pieces from the pan and set them aside.
- Now grease a grill pan properly and then place chicken pieces on it in few quantities for grilling. Now place the grill pan with chicken pieces in the preheated oven and then bake it for 20 minutes and then take the pan out and flip the chicken pieces and bake for another 20 minutes.
Garnishing the chicken:
- After baking, serve the hot and smoky chicken pieces immediately and garnish with thin-sliced onions pieces, chilly and tomato sauce, and lemon.
- Enjoy your yummy smoky grilled chicken pieces with some cold beverage.
- You can cook the item any time for lunch or dinner.
Calories and nutritional content:
Below is mentioned the calorie and other nutritional value of the recipe you get in one serving of the dish.
- 145 calories.
- 5 g of total fat, including 2g of saturated fat, 1g of polyunsaturated fat, and 2g of monounsaturated fat.
- 700 mg sodium.
- Total 10g of carbs.
- 15 g of protein.
Some recipes are a delight to the mouth, even if they are not spiced up. Smoky grilled chicken is one such recipe which is hot, crunchy, and juicy. Also, it is healthier than normal spicy food. So, try cooking this health-friendly delicious item at home today, and if you are lazy, you can order hot, smoky grilled chicken from KFC anytime.