Every student who plans to pursue their degree through distance education programs always has one question in their minds – to do or not to do. The concept of distance education has evolved over the years and these days there are many popular universities that are offering distance education programs in India. One of the main reasons students opt for this form of education is flexibility. They have the option of studying at their own pace at any time. This is the major difference between a regular classroom course and a distance education program. Also, there are a few definite ways by which will help you can climb the corporate ladder and land your dream job. One way is to work hard for years together and finally make it to the top. The other way is to obtain an extra degree (s) that are relevant to your work from recognized universities while you are working. In this manner, your employer will be aware of your qualifications and you will get promoted sooner. You can earn a degree while working by pursuing distance education programs.
There are numerous other benefits of distance education programs. These are:
- Technology – In most distance education programs, the mode of learning is visual i.e. students watch videos of lessons to grasp the concepts. This enables them to understand the concept thoroughly.
- Saves time – Students do not have to be physically present in a classroom in distance education programs. They can sit in the comfort of their homes and study. This saves the time required to commute to a physical education.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Career growth – Working professionals find this mode of education to be more alluring as they have the option to obtain a degree without having to quit their jobs. In this manner, they need not let go of their income in order to pursue their education.
- Recognition – If you’re pursuing a distance education program from a university that is recognized by the Distance Education Council (DEC), then it is an added asset in your resume when you are applying for jobs under the Central Government.
- Support – Most of the distance education programs provide immediate support to students when they have queries on a particular topic. This way students can understand the topic better.
- Age – Age is just a number and distance education courses are a prime example of the same. The distance education courses give an individual the opportunity to study at any age without any limitations.
The most popular universities offering distance education programs in India are IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Sikkim Manipal University, and Yashwantrao C. Maharashtra Open University. Due to its increased popularity, there are a variety of courses you can pursue via distance education programs these days such as MBA, BBA, BCA, B.Sc (IT), MCA, M.Sc.(IT) and much more.
As technology evolves constantly, distance education programs will also grow tremendously. The costs of regular classroom courses are skyrocketing and the travel expenses are also exorbitant. A distance education program can tackle both these problems and also provide quality education at the same time. Distance education is a prime example of how the internet is being used to productively improve the mode of education.