Version Of LG
Verizon LG Lucid receives a major software upgrade as the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update has been rolled out starting today. The carrier seems to be cramming up with the updates of its devices that many thought have been left out. LG Lucid ICS update was pushed together with Droid Bionic’s Android 4.0 upgrade, evident that some of its devices that were released with Gingerbread are getting special treatment.
Update Of LG
The update is packaged into a 384.5MB file and can be downloaded over the air or via Verizon’s Upgrade Assistant Tool. On top of stock features that ICS brings, new functionalities will be added to the device to facilitate better customer support. Among the features coming from Big Red is the Remote Diagnostics Tool wherein customer service representatives will be able to remotely access customer’s device for troubleshooting, training and demonstration. Of course, it happens when a customer calls the hotline and gives out permission to the rep.
Here are some of the features LG Lucid owners can get after the update:
- Google Talk (GTalk) video chat is made better and more stable through an update that comes packed with this upgrade.
- Adobe Flash Player is pushed to version 11 for ICS compatibility. Videos are reportedly loading faster and smoother after the update, although everything depends on the quality of the internet connection.
- Owners can now turn LCD backlight on during voice calls through the power button.
- Voice quality was reportedly improved during voice calls.
- File Manager can now manage both local files and those saved in the cloud.
- Watch & Learn videos are supported via streaming.
Verizon customers using this device should receive a notification regarding this update starting today but they can also check for the update manually by navigating Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Software update -> Check for Updates.[ Source :- Thedroidguy ]