We hate traffic on the road. However, when it comes to a website, traffic becomes extremely important for the survival of an online business.
No matter how beautiful your website is, how user-friendly its interface is, no one will be able to find it if it has no traffic.
Therefore, it is necessary for you to try multiple strategies to bring new visitors to your site while keeping the old visitors happy.
READ MORE :
- 5 Steps To Building Your Brand On Instagram
- How to Fix iOS 11 Problems With No Data Loss
- Tips to Help Your Blog to Win a Popularity Contestv
- How to Incorporate More Vegetables into Your Diet
- How to Prepare Your Home For Replacement Windows
If you’re looking for some effective strategies to boost your website traffic stick to this article until the end. But before that let’s know why website traffic is a lifeline for an online business.
- It improves SEO and enhances the credibility of your website in search engine.
- You can see how good your marketing is working.
Let’s find out how you can drive traffic to your website.
You might have heard the phrase, ‘Content is King’. Therefore, you should focus on providing fresh, engaging, and valuable content to your audience.
In the modern online marketing scenario, content marketing is one of the most effective tools to drive relevant traffic to a website.
According to a survey conducted in 2011, more than 70% of people prefer to get information from articles rather than from corporate advertisements. As a result, most businesses are relying on content marketing strategy to generate more traffic.
You can use the following tips to get your content marketing strategy right.
- Understand the content marketing funnel. Try to grasp reader’s attention by bringing awareness through your article. It will help you convincing customers to buy your services.
- Keep your research mode on to provide quality content to your audience.
- Don’t hesitate to use tools like Grammarly, Headline Analyzer to provide error-free and SEO-friendly content to your audience.
Most of the businesses take web hosting back seat but choosing a responsible web hosting is quite crucial, if you want to keep your website up for 24 hours in a day.
In the absence of a good web hosting, all your marketing strategy may go waste that you have planned to drive traffic to your website. If your hosting provider is not able to provide even a standard uptime how would your audience access your site?
Besides this, it will also affect your content marketing strategy that you have planned to rank high in search engine results. If your website is frequently going down when search engine access your site, then your website will be adversely affected.
In addition to downtime, many experts believe if your website is slow, it can have a huge impact on your site’s usability. Normally, people expect a website to load in 2 or less. If your website is loading slow, it may result in remarkably less traffic.
Poor hosting can be the biggest factor for the slow loading of a website.
Search Engine Optimization plays an important role in improving brand visibility. It helps people search for your services and products.
When you make the right SEO practice, you definitely get the high searches in search engine results. Always include the best-suited and less competitive keywords in the title of your post, body copy, header tags and meta description.
Include more long tail keywords in your content as they have more chances of getting high ranking in search engine results. For instance, if you deal in used car, you may use keyword ‘used car dealership’.
Beside this, you should not ignore internal linking as well. For example, if you have written a post about ‘healthy snacks’ you can link it with an earlier post on ‘healthy breakfast ideas’.
Why is social media so crucial to driving traffic? Because nowadays people are spending a lot of time on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, YouTube, Pinterest, etc. These platforms can be perfect mediums to drive traffic to your site.
- Make sure you have social media integration on your site for these platforms so that your audience can share your content on their social media profiles straight from your website.
- Always create an engaging, interesting and relevant content to attract the audience on these platforms.
- To connect with the audience you can ask relevant questions and conduct surveys on social media platforms.
- Make sure your brand is always in front of potential buyers. Don’t hesitate to offer them discounts on your service and products if possible.
- Social media is an ideal platform to receive genuine responses from customers about your services. Once you have sincere responses, you can make the right marketing strategies for future marketing.
Email marketing is a popular marketing strategy that has been around since the early days of the world wide web. Although it is exceptionally underrated yet it has potential to generate huge amounts of traffic for your website. You may create email marketing campaign to send periodic newsletter, promotions and event invitation.
You will be surprised to know that email marketing is approximately 20 times cost-effective in comparison to traditional media. Not only this but it also has more potential to increase customer loyalty and profitability than traditional marketing.
Let’s take a look at some benefits of email-marketing.
- It reduces time and effort to a great extent – think about time and effort involved in creating a business to business and direct to consumer campaign.
- It is quite cheap than other online promotion and marketing methods available.
- As internet knows no border, email marketing can help you promote your business at the global level in case your business has a tendency to run around the world.
If you want to boost web traffic with email marketing, write quality and compelling content your email marketing. Make sure you’re adapting the message to your reader’s requirements.
These are 5 popular ways you may try to increase traffic to your website in 2018. If you have more idea, feel free to share with us in the following comment section.