Education is the most important thing for anyone, who wishes to make a bright and successful career. Have you ever wondered how do the brilliant students succeed? Do they study all day and all night without having any commitment? The only difference lies in studying. Many students forget all what they have learnt when they see the question paper. Have this happened to you before? If yes, then you would never wish to take any exam that could even make your career grow. Good for all such people, there are ways available through which you can overcome all such problems and successfully pass whatever test you wish to give.
Some people are scared of failing whereas some people have problems with memorizing while others are afraid of the examination hall and the invigilator. You have to overcome this phobia through preparing yourself for the worst. If you are fully prepared, then all these issues will not matter. Take a look at how you must prepare and then focus on getting rid of your phobia.
Get proper nourishment
Having the right food during the period of examination is important. Honestly, this is the time where you don’t eat at all and don’t even get good sleep but your body needs nourishment and rest to perform well. It is recommended to drink plenty of fluid especially milk and do not skip breakfast. The more energetic and fresher you will be the more active your mind will work.
Study with comfort
At what time you feel comfortable to study. Is it at the night time or early in the morning? Stick to the pattern or time during which your mind and body both motivate you to study. For most of the students, night time is the most preferable time to study.
Solve your anxiety problems
If you have test anxiety problems, don’t worry, as you are not the only one. The best way to determine the problem is testing your anxiety. What causes anxiety in you? Is it because you are not prepared or something else? As this is going to affect your performance, you will have to overcome it to keep yourself confident and well prepared. If you want to get rid of the anxiety, here is what you need to do while preparing for the exam:
- Don’t cram for the test. Cramming can cause anxiety and it will prevent you from learning the content well. You will have to avoid cramming in order to succeed.
- Instead of memorizing all the notes of the entire semester in one night, try preparing at least 3 weeks ahead of the date of the exam. Give the notes a good reading and combine different concepts instead of learning each and every bit of it.
- When you are studying, mark those topics which you think can be asked in the test and create questions regarding them. Integrate the ideas from notes, lectures, books, and other readings. Study guides available at www.study-guides.org can also be considered worthy for this purpose.
Change your attitude
You need to change your attitude of studying and also change your thinking about taking tests. A test will not predict the success of your future. If you have failed to perform well in the first test, it does not mean that you are a failure. You can always study hard and give that particular subject more time for clearing it. Here is how you can change your attitude regarding the test:
- Keep this thing in mind that it is just a test. There will be many others that you can give and perform better.
- When the test is over, reward yourself for the hard work whether it went good or bad.
- Don’t think of what you don’t know. Think of what you know and make sure that you have a good grip on it.
- Revise what you have learned in the class each day so that when it’s time to prepare for the exam, you don’t have to memorize everything all over again.
Participate in extra circular activities
Don’t spend too much time on studying that you forget about yourself. You have to take care of yourself too. Maintain your nutrition. You should be involved in some recreational activities too. Don’t study the whole day, take some breaks too. You must have plenty of sleep because your brain will only function well if it is calm. Don’t keep in contact with other class mates and don’t take updates from them about their preparation. This will demotivate and discourage you. You might also start to take so much stress that it could make it impossible for you to concentrate. You need to focus on your goal solely.
Find a study place
Allocate a study place for yourself. It should be comfortable. Don’t use a bed or sofa for studying. If you will get tired, you will fall asleep immediately so this kind of study place will not help you at all. If it is some boring chapter or subject for which you have to study, use different learning techniques like using flash cards, make funny rhymes, or something similar.
You must take all the necessary stuff you will need for taking the exam. Make sure that you concentrate on your own exam and never cheat in the exam hall. Don’t even try to help anyone else. If you get caught, you will have to pay a bad price for it. Also, be sure that you solve the exam in a neat and presentable manner. Most of the markers count the presentation quality of the student. So don’t just fill sheets, strive for quality too.
Getting prepared for the exams is the essential requirement for every student irrespective of his/her discipline. Muhammad Azam understands this fact, which is why he is preparing quality guiding material for students for last few years.