In the recent past, Social Media has acquired a huge power to make our destroy public relations in Businesses, thanks to our sole submission to the social media sites. The conversations ranging from fixation of refrigerator to the strategy of a business, each and every conversation has taken a secured place in the social Media as a result of which many companies have been discouraging the use of Social Media. Business conversations between employees have sometimes paved way to the disclosure of discrete details about the businesses which has the potential the completely ruin the projects in run and the future projects.
As per the recent developments, the National Labor relations board has dented the power an employer had over his employee’s social life, for example, in a latest ruling National Labor Relations Board asked a certain company to give jobs back to a set of employees who were fired on the basis of their alleged face book comments. Companies should not be entitled to make such policies to hamper the rights of their employees.
This puts a baffling twist to the theories that social media is doing more harm than good. Though it is to be acknowledged that the power Social Media has in today’s world is to be harnessed in a positive and fruitful way. We have to realize that practitioners should be incorporating blogs, face book, twitter and LinkedIn profiles to put a positive spin on the impact that social media can have on the business. All of these should be linked to the company’s web. We have to take in account that the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) has modernized the definition of public relations into the following “Public relations is a strategic communication process that builds mutual beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics”.
The Pros and Cons of Social Media on PR:
- Taking into account the new definition of PR stated above, Social Media is actually helping in bringing the clients closer to the earlier elusive heads of the organization.
- While using Social Media, we should be careful in where to draw the line, because too much exposure can result in leak of fragile business information’s.
- Though the complete ban on Social Media would keep us from the pace of recent developments that can aid to the progress of the business.
Social Media has created a lot of opportunities and attention for the business entities in this era.
When and if a new product/ service are launched into the market, the Social Media makes it easier for the business entities to reach the target audience.
- A lot of journalists these days are social media savvy, which helps them create a better review of the business on the basis of the business’s reputation in the Social Media.
- Most importantly, with Social Media coming of age, a customer now expects that his concerns would be addressed in a more direct way rather than suffering from the plight of unnecessary and irrelevant information.
About the Author – Kuldeep is a freelance freelance who suggest Get A follower to marketers for their Social media marketing solutions.