Samsung Galaxy S4
The much-awaited and written about Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone launched in India late last month for an official price of Rs 41,500. However, at Delhi’s Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh, you can pick the smartphone for Rs 38,800 including taxes. IBNLive had reported that Saitel (Nanak Electronic Pvt Ltd, Shop No. 130) in the Gaffar Market is selling the Galaxy S4 for Rs 38,800, while with another retailer, Vaishno Electronics Pvt Ltd (Shop No. 131), the Galaxy S4 smartphone is available for Rs 39,600.
Closer home, at Mumbai’s Heera Panna market, you can pick the Galaxy S4 smartphone for Rs 40,500 with bill and for Rs 39,000 minus the bill.
The Galaxy S4 was announced back in March and the leading smartphone maker in the world has once again married top-of-the-line hardware and unique software experience overlaid on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, the latest version of the OS.
Here are the key specs of the Samsung Galaxy S4:
- 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- HSPA+, LTE, GPRS/EDGE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR and A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- MicroUSB 2.0 with MHL, USB On-the-go, USB Host
- 13 megapixel primary camera with LED flash, Simultaneous HD video and still image stabilisation, 1080p video recording.
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 16/32/64GB internal storage with microSD card for further expansion up to 64GB
The Galaxy S4 comes with a 2600 mAh battery, which should ideally take you through the day with moderate use. Of course, real-world battery performance would vary from user to user.