New Zealand is one place so many people would like to see but so few really come to. It is a small country of contrasts. This is where you will experience everything from the wilderness to luxury. New Zealand will astonish you with its nature and landscapes. Fans of The Lord of the Rings know how beautiful the country is.
Apart from stunning nature, there are many other interesting things to do. You are welcome to explore Maori culture or visit a traditional version of. Tourists never get bored here as it is an incredible country with great people. Start planning your journey today to come to New Zealand finally.
Planning a Journey
- No matter how much you already know about NZ, do a small research of its culture and places you want to see. Every country has its peculiarities. It is important to know local traditions and even laws not to get into trouble. Abusing laws lead to fines, while abusing cultural tradition can be very offending. Knowing little more about people and their beliefs help establish contact and feel comfortable in a new country.
- What is the best time to come? Have you heard the phrase “four seasons in one day”? That is about New Zealand. The weather can change dramatically over the day several times. Make sure you know what to expect. The best time to visit the country is probably in summer. In summer, the temperature reaches 26 degrees, and it feels perfect. Winters are not very cold in New Zealand too. It is the best time if you plan budget travel. Prices are usually low in winter, and you will find good offers for accommodation.
- Think of what you want to see. It would help if you made a map of the places you want to visit. You are recommended to do it before you start booking hotel and tickets. Having a plan will help you build the route and plan your budget. You will understand how much time you need for one city and how to get to another place on your map.
- One of the reasons why so few people come to visit NZ is not the country location. If you are from the UK or Australia, you do not need a visa. People from most countries of the world are obliged to apply for a visa. You will not exit the airport in NZ if you do not have a visa. Make sure that your international passport is valid for three months after planning to leave NZ and apply for a visa. These days, it is not a problem to find a lot of information about visas and application processes on the Internet.
- New Zealand has its own currency – NZ dollars. Do not worry if you have not exchanged enough money. You can withdraw cash in numerous ATMs located across the whole country. Just make sure you have enough money in your account. You can also use credit cards but remember about the small fee.
- Tourists can easily buy a plane ticket to NZ from any country of the globe. Despite its remote location, it has a good connection. The price is different depending on the season of the year. Winter is the cheapest season, except Christmas time. What is more important, there are convenient domestic flights. It takes only 45 minutes to get from one part of the island to another one.
NZ is an amazing country. It is worth visiting so do not waste time. The sooner you start planning your trip, the sooner you will come to NZ.