Home is the place where one lives most of the time. From the dream of owning the first house, we start imagining how it would look. All of us have different choices in terms of home decor. While some people may like to have a simple wall painted with their favorite color, some may want the wall to have various photographs and framed wall art. The way we decorate our home reveals a lot about our personality but more than anyone else, you should love how your home looks since you will be the one spending most of your time in it. From the type of sofa to the color of curtains, everything should be appealing to you.
The importance of home decor
Some people believe that home decor is the extra work one does for happiness, and it does not have any significance in affecting the people living in the home. Studies have revealed that home decor can define the mood for home, e.g., keeping a lavender-scented sachet with your sheets can assure an excellent light sleep; similarly, a pleasant air freshener can increase productivity at work. Home decor is known to affect psychology.
That is why various companies have been trying to build their workplaces with the perfect decor to increase productivity. A few ways that companies are using home decor for better results include:
1. Maximizing the natural lights: To reduce eye strain.
2. Using inspiring colors: Like blue and yellow hues to stimulate the mind.
4. Adding greenery to make the workplace look lively: Feel good vibes while purifying your air
5. Framing motivational messages: Using different typography styles, prints, and photos.
6. Decluttering: It makes it easier to get things done and reduces stress.
It becomes vital to ensure that the decor is right as per the requirements of the place. Just in case you never wondered how significant home decors are, here is a curated list of benefits of home decor for you:
- Your home defines you: When somebody takes a look at your home for the first time, they form an impression of yours. Right home decor can help you have a good impression in your social circle. From professional meetings to your crush visiting your home, the visuals will speak a lot to them.
- Surround by colors you love: Staying around the things that we admire is the key to happiness. Hence, when you choose your favorite shades for decoration, you will feel a sense of visual harmony, keeping you happy most of the time.
- Beautify the room: The beautifully framed wall art and paintings give a perfect finishing to your room. Decorative wall mirrors are also trending home decor items that add beauty to the wall.
- Flexible with changes: If you are a person who quickly gets bored with the same things, home decor is a must for you. Since changing the home or repainting requires a large amount of time and effort, just changing the home decor is easy and can change the place’s entire appearance.
- Boosting your place’s value: Home decor is an essential factor that helps maintain your home’s value. Redecorating your home frequently can stop the site’s importance from decreasing with time and will cause less effort if you plan to sell the house in the future.
- Getting rid of the clutter: We all must admit that decluttering the house is one of those tasks that everyone wants to escape. Since clutter keeps building up with time, opting for home decor will require cleaning the cluttered spaces. Hence, if you decide to make your place beautiful, you will also get rid of your house’s existing waste.
While some people chose to decorate every corner of the house dedicatedly, others believe in decorating only essential areas like the living room, kitchen, and dining room. Since the living room becomes the place where your guests spend most of the time, you should be careful with its appearance. One might also consult professional assistance like interior designers if help in decoration is needed.
Choosing the correct wall art for your living room
Mostly, choosing the art is left to the owner since he should be the one who likes it the most. As places like living rooms become the conversation hub for all the guests, we must ensure that the living room’s ambiance should be welcoming, relaxing, and full of warmth. Here are some bits of advice to follow when choosing the perfect art piece for the living room:
- Visual Balance: Maintaining a proper visual balance in the living room is necessary; else, it might make the guests uncomfortable. Visual balance includes ensuring the art piece is in the right place and creating a color balance with the wall paints.
- Interior lighting: There is no use in having a sound art piece at home if it does not have proper lighting to illuminate it. However, the type of lightning in the room should match with the kind of art piece. For example, broader lightning will make an oil painting look even better, while an intense spotlight will create uninviting shadows.
- Choosing the right frame: The mismatch of the frame and painting types is not a good view. In framed wall art, one should ensure that the wall frame blends well with the wall art piece. For example, a wooden frame will add beauty to a traditional painting design.
- Making peace with the colors: Choosing the perfect color combination is essential for selecting the correct art piece. Considering most of the guests stay in living rooms, one must choose warm and welcoming colors for the room, and the wall art should also blend with these colors.
Options to choose from
Contacting an interior designer to help you choose the perfect home decor items can be time-consuming and costly. Here is a list of few affordable home decor items that can give your home a pretty view
- House plants: They are known to be the most affordable and fresh home decor item. The green color helps to create a lively vibe in the room. Different kinds of houseplants will suit other parts of a home. Hence one should be careful while buying. For example, a money plant can be a better option to decorate a balcony than a room.
- Customized gallery: A gallery wall can have a collection of some of your memorable moments, a poster of your favorite movie, or quotes that inspire you the most.
- Colorful rugs: Along with a necessity, carpets can also work as a decor item. Choosing a vibrant pattern or a bold color can help you set the mood of the room.
- Wall decorative items: Wall decors continue to everybody’s favorite in terms of home decors. Choosing appropriate wall clocks, wall accents, photo frames, or wall arts can be a cheap yet exquisite home decor option.
- Vases and Flowers: Artificial flowers are an evergreen solution to home decor. They do not require regular maintenance like house plants and are pocket friendly.
Home decor has numerous benefits attached to it. While decorating the home may sound like relaxation, some people may also find it difficult to confuse the various options available. Different interior designers can design your place as per your wants. While choosing professional help, one should consider factors like budget, the quality, and the customer service provided by the professionals. Most professional services offer free consultations before they begin the work; one should opt for a free consultation and working plan to ensure what will happen with your home. The best part of home decor is that changing it is not very difficult; hence, one can always experiment with various options to develop one dream home.