Having a flawless body is the dream of all the women out there. But it is easier said than done. Removing the hair from the body puts a majority of girls into jitters thinking the right approach. Since the market today is full of hair removal treatments, choosing whether to go for regular waxing or shaving, or laser treatment is a matter of choice and preference.
The method of professional waxing involves applying hot wax to the desired area and removes it in the opposite direction of the hair growth, pulling hairs out from the root. However, it is a temporary solution and indeed a painful one. Talking about shaving, it is another way to get rid of the unwanted hair at the skin’s surface by cutting it off with a razor. However, this method is pain-free but leads to quick regrowth of hair and increased possibilities of ingrown. There are depilatory creams as well, but none of these techniques are as effective as laser treatment.
- Laser treatment is great for long-term hair removal. Just with six to ten sessions, you can observe your body hair eliminated to up to a great extent. While it doesn’t get you rid of the hair permanently, it does reduce your hair growth and save your time spent on waxing or shaving.
- This technique is most effective in comparison to the other hair removal methods. With laser treatment, you can get both large and small areas of the body (legs, back, underarms, bikini line, stomach, and face) effectively treated with a smooth finish and have less noticeable hair for a long time.
- Laser hair removal is quite fast and pain-free. While there is a slight snapping sensation against the skin, it can be easily controlled with ice or some numbing cream.
- The laser treatment is obviously expensive than the rest of its counterparts. The cost per session can be anywhere from $200-$400, which is equivalent to what you may spend on razors or waxing sessions in your complete lifetime.
- There can be some side effects of the laser treatment. You can develop scars, blisters, or burns if your skin is ultra-sensitive or if amateurs or less experienced individuals did the treatment.
- Laser hair removal is not any magic and requires multiple treatments to get the desired results. You generally have to wait for a few weeks before you start observing the hair reduction. So, if you want immediate results, then this treatment isn’t appropriate for you. Moreover, laser hair removal works best only on fair skin with dark hair. So, if you have darker skin, you should reconsider your decision.