The kitchen is an important part of home improvement projects and also one of the best investments. Being the most crucial part of your house, making it appealing and fully functional can be imperative. It has undergone extreme alterations and now become more than just an area to cook food. In today’s world, it is a room used for family gatherings where families and friends enjoy meals together. Therefore, it is the dream of every homeowner to have a well planned and smooth running kitchen regardless of its type and size.
Due to ever-growing changes and technological advancements, incorporating a variety of significant factors for keeping up with the latest trend seems to be a wonderful idea. Below are some design trends for 2016 to help homeowners find their way to a beautiful yet functional kitchen:
1. Smart Storage: Making the most out of cabinets, drawers and pantry not only goes with the latest trend but help enjoy plenty of storage. They provide enough space for everyday serveware, pots, pans, and other items. Some of the items include built-in knife slots, roll-out shelves, pullout baskets, walk-in pantries, wall-mounted racks, corner spins, open-weave baskets, and more.
2. Soft Colors: Sometimes introducing a new shade can change the whole appearance of a kitchen and soft colors are going to be a big hit this season. The light color palettes like pale green, pale blue, pale yellows, gray, and white goes well with lighter wood tones. Light color cabinets with richly stained wood give a trendy look.
3. Integrated Spaces: Due to the lifestyle of a family today, an integrated or open kitchen is becoming increasingly popular. As the footprints of homes are getting smaller, open floor plans make sense. An open kitchen serves multiple purposes such as cooking, socializing, entertaining, reading, and more. They also incorporate more features like dining tables, televisions, chandeliers, and even work desks.
4. Under-mounted Sinks: Most homeowners like the clean look and under-mounted sinks offer a smooth space. They are functional and beautiful as no sink rim shows above the countertop and it does not catch dirt. They are easy to install and clean and offer plenty of room to work. The most popular materials for under-mounted sinks are cast iron and stainless steel.
5. Commercial Quality Appliances: Stainless steel has long been the standard as it is rugged and offers resistance to corrosion and stains. The latest trend is taking stainless to an entirely new level through high-end appliances. Some of the most popular commercial quality appliances include built-in refrigerators, high-end dishwashers, convection microwave ovens, warming drawers and more.
The Miami kitchens are moving towards efficiency and functionality along with an appealing appearance.