It seems like fads run the health market. Every year someone has developed a new product or supplement that’s supposed to make you lose weight, look better, feel better, and have more energy, all while offering a variety of overall wellness benefits.
Some of these fads are truly effective and stand the test of time, while others fade almost as quickly as they appear. Is CBD one of those supplements?
This article aims to demonstrate that CBD is not a fad but rather an effective supplement that offers a host of health and wellness properties. It’s been around for years, but it’s recently gained steam. Anecdotal and clinical studies have broken down some misconceptions about CBD, establishing it as a hugely effective component in the health and wellness marketplace.
CBD Myths Debunked
Before we get into the many advantages of using CBD capsules of 25 mg or more daily, we must establish some truths and misconceptions about the substance. In some circles, CBD is hotly debated. Some believe it’s a wonder supplement, while others equate it with marijuana and sans medicinal benefits.
In reality, CBD and marijuana are two different drugs. Indeed, they’re both derived from the hemp plant, and CBD can be found within marijuana. Still, hemp breaks down into 400 other chemicals, and the compounds that makeup CBD and marijuana are at completely different ends of the spectrum.
The two share some health and wellness benefits, but CBD does not have the psychoactive properties of marijuana. It contains only trace amounts of THC, so it doesn’t make you high. This means you can enjoy some of the prescribed benefits of drugs like marijuana, but you’ll always have your wits while taking CBD.
CBD should be the primary ingredient in any products you purchase if you want full, long-lasting benefits. Therefore, CBD is often deemed more effective at treating certain ailments than THC and marijuana. CBD is much more effective when it doesn’t contain THC.
Additionally, CBD is never used recreationally. There are virtually no effects on your body if you’re not using CBD to treat an ailment. It also has few side effects, so if you pop a CBD gummy into your mouth when there’s nothing wrong, you likely won’t notice a difference in your body beyond experiencing a delicious, gummy taste.
Finally, CBD is legal in nearly every state. You can purchase products online or at CBD dispensaries, either with or without a prescription, depending on your condition and the type of drug you’re seeking. This means you don’t have to fear drug possession laws when taking CBD. You can relax and enjoy all that it has to offer.
Why CBD Will Remain Popular in the Wellness Market
Now that we’ve established what CBD is and what it’s not, it’s important to identify why it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. The health benefits, both for your body’s physical and psychological components, are too good to pass up. Here are some of the most common reasons that people will always want to use CBD:
- Pain Relief: According to Mood CBD, CBD reacts with your endocannabinoid system, which receives pain signals in the brain. It dulls these receptors, similar to the way ibuprofen or acetaminophen do. Most say that CBD works better than over-the-counter pain meds, and some report that it works just as well as prescription opioids.
- Anxiety Treatment: About 50 percent of CBD users say that CBD is better taken daily than anti-anxiety and anti-depression medications. The treatment of anxiety is one of the most common uses of CBD, and both anecdotal and clinical studies show consumers feeling almost instantaneously calmer after a dose of CBD.
- Prevention of Serious Illnesses: Several studies support the notion that CBD can help prevent serious illnesses related to heart disease, the number one cause of death for U.S. adults. Findings promise to reduce the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, and other serious illnesses.
- Better Sleep: Lack of sleep is an American health epidemic, and CBD may be the answer. Those who have taken CBD for any purpose have reported falling asleep quicker and staying that way throughout the night. Better sleep leads to greater productivity, a healthier immune system, and a decreased risk for safety hazards, making this a huge win in medicine.
- Reduced Stress: Stress relief is another major health perk of taking CBD regularly. It allows the brain to release anxieties and feel calm, even when facing a pressing deadline or experiencing relationship problems. It also has physical health benefits since it reduces muscle inflammation caused by stress, treats muscle soreness, and improves sleep.
- Fights Cancer: Studies in mice have also shown that CBD has anti-cancer properties. When consumed regularly, CBD may cause cancer cells to destroy themselves. This means that it may slow the spread of cancer or even cause it to reverse itself in the early stages.
- Overall Wellness: Those who take CBD regularly report feeling better overall. They feel healthier, have a better appetite, resist illnesses, and don’t feel tired anymore. They also feel more positive and better able to cope with daily stressors.
Each one of these health problems affects billions of people every year. Those experiencing problems in these sectors will continually seek relief, and CBD will continue to provide it. It’s only time before misconceptions fade and CBD is fully recognized as a miracle product.