It seems like the health market is run by fads. Every year someone has developed a new product or supplement that’s supposed to make you lose weight, look better, feel better, have more energy, all while offering a variety of overall wellness benefits.
Some of these fads turn out to be truly effective and stand the test of time while others fade almost as quickly as they appeared. Is CBD one of those supplements?
The purpose of this article is to demonstrate without a doubt that CBD is not a fad, but rather an effective supplement that offers a host of health and wellness properties. It’s been around for years, but it’s recently gained steam. Anecdotal and clinical studies have broken down some misconceptions about CBD to establish it as a hugely effective component in the health and wellness marketplace.
CBD Myths Debunked
Before we get into the many advantages of usingor more, on a daily basis, we must first establish some truths and misconceptions about the substance. In some circles, CBD is hotly debated. Some believe it’s a wonder supplement while others equate it with marijuana, sans the medicinal benefits.
In reality, CBD and marijuana are two different drugs. It’s true that they’re both derived from the hemp plant and CBD can be found within marijuana, but hemp actually breaks down into, and the compounds that make up CBD and marijuana are at completely different ends of the spectrum.
The two share some health and wellness benefits, but CBD does not have the psychoactive properties of marijuana. It contains only trace amounts of THC, so it doesn’t make you high. This means that you can enjoy some of the prescribed benefits that come with drugs like marijuana, but you’ll always have your wits about you while taking CBD.
In fact, CBD is much more effective when it doesn’t contain THC. CBD should be the primary ingredient in any products you purchase if you want to get the full, long-lasting benefits. For that reason, CBD is often deemed more effective at treating certain ailments than both THC and marijuana.
Additionally, CBD is never used recreationally. There are virtually no effects to your body if you’re not using CBD to treat an ailment. It also has, so if you pop a CBD gummy into your mouth when there’s nothing wrong, you likely won’t notice a difference to your body beyond experiencing a delicious, gummy taste in your mouth.
Finally, CBD is legal in nearly every state. You can purchase products online or at CBD dispensaries, either with or without a prescription, depending on your state and the type of drug you’re seeking. This means you don’t have to fear drug possession laws when taking CBD. You can simply relax and enjoy all that it has to offer.
Why CBD Will Remain Popular in the Wellness Market
Now that we’ve established what CBD is and what it’s not, it’s important to identify some of the reasons that it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. The health benefits, both for the physical and psychological components of your body, are too good to pass up. Here are some of the most common reasons that people will always want to use CBD:
- Pain Relief: According to , CBD reacts with your endocannabinoid system, which receives pain signals in the brain. It dulls these receptors, similar to the way ibuprofen or acetaminophen do. Most say that CBD works better than over-the-counter pain meds and some report that it works just as well as prescription opioids.
- Anxiety Treatment: of CBD users say that CBD taken daily works better than anti-anxiety and anti-depression medications. The treatment of anxiety is one of the most common uses of CBD, and both anecdotal and clinical studies show consumers feeling almost instantaneously calmer after a dose of CBD.
- Prevention of Serious Illnesses: Several studies support the notion that CBD can help prevent serious illnesses related to heart disease, the number one cause of death for U.S. adults. Findings show promise in reducing the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, and other serious illnesses.
- Better Sleep: Lack of sleep is an , and CBD may be the answer. Those who have taken CBD for any purpose have reported falling asleep quicker and staying that way throughout the night. Better sleep leads to greater productivity, a healthier immune system, and a decreased risk for safety hazards, making this a huge win in the world of medicine.
- Reduced Stress: Stress relief is another major health perk of taking CBD regularly. It allows the brain to release anxieties and feel calm, even when facing a pressing deadline or experiencing relationship problems. It also has physical health benefits, since it reduces inflammation in muscles caused by stress, treats muscle soreness, and improves sleep.
- Fights Cancer: have also shown that CBD has anti-cancer properties. When consumed regularly, CBD may cause cancer cells to destroy themselves. This means that it may slow the spread of cancer or even cause it to reverse itself in the early stages.
- Overall Wellness: Those who take CBD regularly report feeling better overall. They feel healthier, have a better appetite, can better resist illnesses, and don’t feel tired anymore. They also feel more positive and better able to cope with daily stressors.
Each one of these health problems affects billions of people every year. Those experiencing problems in these sectors will continually seek relief, and CBD will continue to provide it. It’s only a matter of time before misconceptions fade and CBD is fully recognized as the miracle product that it is.