Computer-Aided Facility Management Software (CAFM) is the technology that helps business owners and facility managers to monitor, execute and plan a wide range of processes, including room reservations, operational facility services, planned preventive maintenance, asset management, and move management, among others.
Why CAFM Software is Necessary for Your Facility
Facility management encompasses a huge range of tasks and processes which can be overwhelming, inefficient, or ineffective, relying on human capacities alone. CAFM software has several advantages for a facility of any size.
CAFM is a paperless system meaning that you don’t need to keep paper records that are difficult to sift through, easy to misplace, and easily stolen or damaged. A computerized system means all the essential information is compiled in one place easily accessible to authorized personnel. This information is also backed up such that essential data is not lost in the event of a fire or other disaster.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- How to Keep Your Home Looking Great Over the Holidays
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Business From a Data Breach
- How to Set Up a Purchased WordPress Website on Your Hosting Server
- How to Choose a Replacement Door for Your Home
- Michael Thomas Eckhardt – How to Make Your Blog Successful
This software also increases productivity. A facility manager doesn’t constantly need to hold meetings, ask for information from different sources or follow up with staff members to ensure that they fulfill their duties. All the information the manager needs to make decisions ishelps keep track of compliance information and makes this data available to the manager when needed. The manager or staff does not need to go through every single inventory item to ensure compliance physically.
Choosing CAFM Software
CAFM software benefits are undeniable, but it is necessary to implement the right system to enjoy the most benefits. Some of the essentials to keep in mind when choosing a software and service provider include;
- Assess your facility needs and non-negotiable areas where you want to see results. This helps to inform your decision of which software package to choose and the useful features for your facility.
- Crunch the numbers to figure out if you can afford the system. Find out how much the software, implementation, and maintenance costs as well as any additional charges. Figure out the return on investment you expect to see to decide if this is your business’s best decision.
- Choose user-friendly software. The system needs to be easy for everyone involved. Ensure that all staff members who are using the software can plan work, run reports, raise requests, and input data with basic computer skills.
- Finally, choose a stable supplier. It would help if you had a guarantee that your supplier will still be in the business many years down the line for support purposes. Check the company’s references, experience, and history to determine the dependability of the prospective supplier.
CAFM software is definitely a positive move in the right direction. With the right software and a stable supplier, you should see a good ROI and overall efficient facility management processes.