Computer Aided Facility Management Software (CAFM) is technology that helps business owners and facility managers to monitor, execute and plan a wide range of processes including room reservations, operational facility services, planned preventive maintenance, asset management and move management among others.
Why CAFM Software is Necessary for Your Facility
Facility management encompasses a huge range of tasks and processes which can be overwhelming, inefficient or ineffective relying on human capacities alone. CAFM software has a number of advantages for a facility of any size.
CAFM is a paperless system meaning that you don’t need to keep paper records which are difficult to sift through, easy to misplace and easily stolen or damaged. A computerized system means all the essential information is compiled in one place where it is easily accessible to authorized personnel. This information is also backed up such that essential data is not lost in the event of a fire or other disaster.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- How to Keep Your Home Looking Great Over the Holidays
- 3 Ways to Protect Your Business From a Data Breach
- How to Set Up a Purchased WordPress Website on Your Hosting Server
- How to Choose a Replacement Door for Your Home
- Michael Thomas Eckhardt – How to Make Your Blog Successful
This software also increases productivity. A facility manager doesn’t constantly need to hold meetings, ask for information from different sources or follow up with staff members to ensure that they are fulfilling their duties. All the information the manager needs to make decisions isin one place. This drastically reduces the amount of follow-up and other non-essential tasks he has to do, allowing him to concentrate on his primary tasks or responsibilities.
CAFM can be integrated to a facility’s security system such that it is possible to track movement and access in different parts of the building. CAFM software is able to keep track of who is permitted to access certain parts of the building and when. This enhances accountability and makes it easy to track personnel and their movements.
Compliance to safety and health standards is a mammoth task for large facilities huge inventory. A CAFM system such ashelps to keep track of compliance information and makes this data available to the manager when needed. The manager or staff does not need to physically go through every single inventory item to ensure compliance.
Choosing CAFM Software
The benefits of CAFM software are undeniable but it is necessary to implement the right system to enjoy the most benefits. Some of the essentials to keep in mind when choosing a software and service provider include;
- Assess your facility needs and non-negotiable areas where you want to see results. This helps to inform your decision of which software package to choose and the features that are useful for your facility.
- Crunch the numbers to figure out if you can afford the system. Find out how much the software, implementation and maintenance costs as well as any additional charges. Figure out the return on investment you expect to see to decide if this is the best decision for your business.
- Choose user friendly software. The system needs to be easy for everyone involved. Ensure that all staff members who are using the software are able to plan work, run reports, raise request and input data with basic computer skills.
- Finally, choose a stable supplier. You need a guarantee that your supplier will still be in business many years down the line for support purposes. Check the company’s references, experience and history to determine the dependability of the prospective supplier.
CAFM software is definitely a positive move in the right direction. With the right software and a stable supplier, you should see a good ROI and overall efficientprocesses.