Learn How to disable the battery replacing alert
Are you getting the error message “Consider replacing your battery” in Windows 7too often? Microsoft is already looking into the battery issues with Windows 7 and will soon provide a solution for the problem. In the meantime, you might want to try this temporary fix that will disable the error message.
Temporary Fix/Solution for disable the battery replacing alert
Setup Critical battery action to ‘Do Nothing’
The tool is powercfg.exe
To change the ‘Battery->Critical battery action->’On battery’ setting to “Do nothing” using powercfg.exe
2. open an elevated command console (windows key, type ‘cmd’ in start menu, press “ctrl+shift+enter”, click ‘continue’)
3. execute “powercfg -setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATACTIONCRIT 0”
4. your current power scheme will show “Battery->Critical battery action->On battery: Do nothing” despite the option being unavailable in the drop box.
If still the problem remains then try these to disable the battery replacing alert
- Update the BIOS software on the computer
- Install the latest updates from Microsoft
[learn_more caption=”Extracted From”] www.Learntricks.in[/learn_more]