Infants are babies from two months to one year of age.
Right from birth, infants are hyper sensitive to everything – light, sound, and everything else they encounter in this wide-open new world. While it may be a bit easier to control your infant’s immediate surroundings within the comfort of your home, the outside world is a different, scarier story.
More specifically, cars present a challenge, because they are basically like an infant as well – you need to literally move them around and be wary of their every action. This is why when the two are together, you need special help.
Whether you travel a lot or simply need to be prepared for any situation that may involve both your car and infant, infant car seat covers are your best side-kick.
Infant car seat covers are not a luxury – they are a necessity. They are required for the infant’s movement and wellbeing needs. They protect against the various potential harms and damages that may occur while driving, including those you may anticipate and those you could never imagine. After all, it’s an infant we are talking about.
Infant car seat covers’ benefits include:
- Sleeping Protection: An infant car seat cover serves as the ultimate protector. It’s a simple method of supporting a stable body position that enables longer and more comfortable sleep. It blocks out harsh lights, muffles sounds,, and also provides a peace of mind for the parents by giving them an easy way to check on their children without causing them any disturbance and waking them up.
- Hygiene and Cleanliness: Infants have extremely delicate immune systems, and we can only imagine what even the cleanest car can do the them. An infant car seat cover is the best barrier between infants and the microbes roaming around. You need both hands while driving, which is why even coughing and sneezing in a car can pose danger to an unprotected infant. Even if you do happen to cover your mouth, the closed environment of a car is a wonderland for microbes to hover around your vulnerable child.
- In addition, infant car seat covers provide shelter from wind, rain, and hot weather. They protect infants’ face from the cold and harsh sunlight.
- Infant car seat covers are also required for free movement and wellbeing necessities. More specifically, they provide protection against all kinds of harms which can result from road accidents. In many casees, infant car seat covers can make the difference between life and death.
Choosing the best infant car seat may be one of the most difficult and important decisions any parent could make.
Finding the infant car seat cover which optimizes protection, safety, and comfort of should be the top priority of parents who intend to travel with their infants. Even for those who don’t, you know what they say – “Better safe than sorry.” This couldn’t be any truer when it comes to your children and their transportation.
When choosing an infant car seat cover, the following features must be taken into particular consideration:
- A well-equipped seater:
Infant car seat covers must be well equipped with advanced safety features like energy absorbent foams and back and side-effect protection and insurance.
- Easy to clean:
Infant car seat covers with a fabric that is easy to clean and maintain. Seats, made with smooth and/or water-resistant fabrics can be cleaned more easily than seats with textured or absorbent fabric. Furthermore, covers which can be washed in a wash machine save a lot of time and hassle.
- Robust and flexible seats
Seats which are not only easy to install and adjust, but also have latches that enable simple and brisk connection to the car’s back seat.
- Heavy weight tolerance
Your infant is growing every day, which is why it’s also important to consider seats which accommodate more weight and keep developing children safe and comfortable.
- Seats with an easy-to-use, adjustable five-point harness
These straps will restraint your infants on five different levels. Once you snug your infant in, only you can snug him/her out.
Getting familiar with infant car seat covers and all their indispensable features can not only help you decide which one will best suit your lifestyle and needs – it can help you prevent the worst.