Millennial is the generation that sets the trends. They are a pretty fashionable generation, and their style statement is off the books as well as unique. The usually don’t go with the existing trend and hardly bother what people judge out of their fashion statement. They are more concerned about what they believe looks good and the comfort in wearing the clothes. Millennial tend to go out of the box in varied subjects and fashion is one of them. They wear what they can carry out and what they wear, they can carry out quite well. Due to this tendency of the millennial generation, today you can see a lot of fashion statement which people of the earlier ages wouldn’t have even though about. Fashion trends like men with fashionable piercings, women with short hair, tattoos and also distressed jeans are all due to this attitude of the millennial towards the fashion and styling realm.
Millennial and their love for Blazers and jackets
Millennial has a unique sense of fashion, and this has led them to popularize many out of the box trends in the fashion world throughout the recent past. Millennial has a unique attraction towards over clothing like blazer jacket, overcoats, and usual jackets. In the recent times, the sports jacket and the bomber jackets have grown in popularity among the millennial generation.
There are many specific reasons that millennial are so attracted to the blazers and jackets. Some of these reasons are elaborated below:
- Smart Appeal – in the recent times, millennials believe that ‘smart is the new cool.’ They tend to dress sharp and on point at all occasions. Dressing smart results in having a certain charisma to your character. Millennial love attention and hence they like to dress smartly. A casual sports blazer can change your entire look and make it more accurate and smart appearing. Putting on a blazer or jacket can bring upon you a specific smart appeal. When you wear a pair of denim and a t-shirt, it may look good on you; now put on a sports coat over it and see how that one piece of clothing elevates your style statement significantly.
- Work Look – with the millennial coming of age to start their work and office jobs, the trend of wearing stringent formals to work has faded quite a bit. Millennials always find a way to sneak in a few bits and pieces of casual clothing among the formal attire. As a result of today, many workplaces don’t have a strict dress code. The workplaces today usually have a more lenient approach to the dressing sense of the employees. However the millennial never try to exploit that fact. Millennials present themselves in an attractive manner that radiates charisma. They have the trick of putting on a jacket or blazer over whatever they are wearing to give themselves a workplace makeover.
- Classical Fashion – the millennial are bringing back the old school fashion trends back into the market. In the years of the recent past, there was a trend of wearing an overcoat in most of the European countries. This statement of fashion is being adopted by the millennial today. They often use an overlaying piece of fashionable clothing like a blazer or a jacket to make them look more stylish. The usual clothes are trendy and new school, and they love to combine it with the old school coat or jacket to bring out a fused fashion statement. This is one primary reason why millennial love to wear a blazer or jacket.
- Customization Factor – millennial tend to customize their style and keep the unique factor alive. No one person wants to dress like another. They hence customize their styling fashionable clothing. A jacket is one of the best clothing that can be customized and still be comfortable. The trend of customizing the jackets is a popular one which has grown prevalent recently. These customizations include distressing denim jackets, patching up cloth pieces or emblems and symbols of something that means to you, cutting off the sleeves and many more. As a result of this trend, there are famous companies that give you the choice of customizing your jackets and denim. This makes your jacket one of a kind.
- Avoid the Plain Look – a jacket or blazer covers up a dull look and brings up the classy factor in your appeal. This is another significant reason that the millennial love their blazers and jackets and tag them along with most of their clothes. They don’t like to look plain. They want to stand out when they go out into the world outside. A simple shirt and chinos can be topped with a casual blazer to give a fantastic look. Similarly, a jacket can be paired well with a plain t-shirt and denim. This removes the dull and plain look from your style quotient and elevates it.
- Solo Factor – the solo factor means that these blazers and jackets can be paired up with any of the other clothes. Girls tend to match up their clothes. This is one major reason that girls prefer a jacket or blazer so much these days. It can be paired with a lot of things. Take a coat of a primary color like black, tan, or white; it will match up with your denim, dresses, skirts and other clothes of varied patterns and colors.
- Keeps the skin Covered – having a jacket keeps your skin covered from the sun and dust of the environment. The millennials are concerned about their skin health. They prefer keeping it safe and healthy than taking the risk. A jacket or blazer can be worn to prevent the harmful rays of the sun from contacting your skin and even keeps the pollution off your skin. This is another important factor why the women and girls of the millennial generation love to keep a blazer or jacket by them as it can come in handy anytime.
The millennial has brought up this trend of wearing a blazer or jacket so often, and now this is going to prevail. There are multiple other reasons why they love the jackets and blazers, as it gives them the opportunity to wear their smart jackets and other such reasons. The millennials are and will for a long time love the blazer and jacket.