Android smartphones offers a wide range of applications. However, it doesn’t come with a custom file explorer. File explorer provides easy switch over on data and directory locations. It has been simplified by many developers by adding their custom file explorer application in Google Playstore for download. We have one of such which we have been using and works efficiently, that’s ES File Explorer, it takes the least amount of space and comes with wide range of features and the best part of this app is it comes completely free. It has about 300 million global downloads and is used worldwide.
ES file explorer gives a cool user experience. One can browse through the files and folders by their favorites button, Bookmark, Copy and move data on single click, rename or delete a folder or files. Encryption, Archives of data can be done using this app.
ES File Explorer is an all-in-one featured local and network file manager. It provides access to pictures, music, video, documents, and other files on both your Android devices and your computers, and you can share them with your friends easily.
Its user interface is similar to windows explorer which makes it more users friendly to use. One can easily identify its usage functions on first look. Here are the key features of this app
ES file explorer has two types of features: Local and Remote manager. Local features are
Easy switch over on directories
Internal storage and SD card data can be managed easily
Multiple selection option, cut, copy, paste, move, delete and rename functions
File sharing functions over Bluetooth to nearby devices
Quick search of files and folders by their name or category
Install, Uninstall, backup apps functions is simplified. Everything can be installed at one stop
Root file system can be viewed and files can be modified, if the device is rooted
It also works as a Cache cleaner
Task manager functionality, to kill unwanted running tasks and monitor RAM
It has some advanced features like
ES Image Browser, ES Zip Viewer, ES Media Player,
ES Music Player, ES Note Editor, ES Network Manager,
ES Remote Manager, Compression, Encryption,
Gesture, Network Search
Theme Manager, Download Manager, Recycle bin
Share files between Android phones and desktop
ES file explorer supports 20+ Heterogeneous network (ftp, webdav?bonjour?samba?obex, chrome cast etc., It can integrate remote file services to manage files on other nearby devices and in cloud storage.
Network sharing is enabled in this app. Here you can connect your device to your computer through LAN. File transmission can be done quickly and videos could be streamed over network from computer
How to share files using ES file explorer
· Create a shared folder on your Windows PC. In our example, we’ll name it, “Androidcanvas” set the permissions as read/write access. Right click on folder ->properties->sharing->share->everyone->ok
· If you’re not able to share the file over network, go to network and sharing centre “Turn on” all sharing setting under advance network settings
· In ES File Explorer click on upper right navigation tab “fast access” and navigate to Network > LAN.
· On the menu at the bottom, tap “New” to look for available network shares on your LAN. Make sure that your Android device and the Windows computer are connected to the same wireless network.
· Under server name, give your computer IP address and select Ok. If you’re not sure about the IP. Go to command prompt in your computer by clicking run->cmd, you will get a black screen. Type ipconfig and you will get an ipv4 address which will be your IP.
· Type in your computer user name and password. You can also disable password request in network and sharing centre by disabling share on “Turn off password protected sharing”
· Once you give all details ES file explorer will connect your android device to your computer where you can access all the shared files in your desktop and can copy and move from each of the locations back and forth
Your wait is over here, Download ES file explorer here today.