Like a lot of people in the world today, you probably have a specific budget in mind when you buy a desktop computer. You may wonder, though, how to pick out the computer. What size and shape you need and with all the new technology out there, you may be unsure what to get. We are here to help you with this most difficult decision. Read on for some great insight into what to look for when purchasing a great.
There are four different types of a PC user. Read below to find out which one you are. This will help you choose the best computer for you and your family.
General purpose user: auses desktop computer is perfect for those who like to make pictures, edit pictures, play games and surf the net. Depending on what you need a general purpose computer can range in price from $500 to $1500.
Power User: a power user computer is a computer that can be used to make and edit movies and videos. These types of computers also allow you to make digital designs and play mega games. With these computers, you will typically need 2 or more hard drives and a great graphics card. These computers typically run higher in price due to the power of the computer and the different running systems that it will include. A power user computer can range in price from $2500 to $3500 depending on what you will need to perform the types of work that you want to do on this computer.
READ MORE :
- ndustries and Situations Where Software User Interface Is Important
- Find the Best WordPress Theme for Your Business
- Here Are Some Of The Best And Affordable POS Machines For Your Business
- A Brief Guide to Computer Forensics for Beginners
- Four Tips For Helping Your Business Recover After A Disaster
Home Theater Enthusiast: Do you love movies and television? Why not get a computer that can handle all of your home theater needs? This type of computer is great for people who love to watch movies and television. Windows Media Center is on all of the windows programs including the new Windows 7. When considering this type of computer always keep in mind what type of media you will be playing. This will help you to decide the video card and how much memory and output you will need. You can also find surround sound for your home theater computer, which will make your home theater even more special. When purchasing this computer make sure that has the proper DVD drive or if you desire you can get a computer with a blue ray player allowing you the maximum high definition display. This type computer can range in price from $500 to $1500 depending on what you need to be included with the great entertainment model computer.
Home Office Worker: this is a great computer for those who work from home. With this type of computer, you do not need the massive graphics power as other computers unless you design graphics for your home office work and then you would want a computer with a higher graphics count. You will want a system with a dual power core so that you can multitask and get the work done that you need to be done. Windows has a great operating system in Windows 7 that is great for being able to multitask. The newest feature on Windows 7 allows you to have different windows open at one time and you are also allowed to have them up side by side. This will save you time and you will not have to worry about your computer crashing. Mac also has a great operating system for a home office as well. A home computer can run in price from $500 to $2,000 depending on what you need and how you plan on using it.
There are many different features to consider when wanting to purchase any of the before mentioned computers. The main great features that you will want to consider are:
* Processor: The two most common type of processor is AMD Athlon 64 X2 or Intel Core 2 Duo processor. You will want a Duo processor if you will be doing a lot of work or something that calls for a high-speed processor such as burning or making videos and DVD. A processor is the most basic form the brains of your computer. The faster your processor is the better performance you will receive out of your computer.
* Memory: The memory in a desktop computer can vary due to the upcoming technology. Depending on what you need you can find a desktop that has 1G to 4G’s of memory. Memory is changing due to different technology every day. When considering the memory take into consideration what you will be using your computer for. The more pictures and videos you need to make will increase the gigabyte count. Having the maximum amount of memory allows you to have plenty of room for all those important things that you want to install on your computer.
* Hard Drive: Depending on what you will need to store on your computer, you can find the perfect. A hard drive for this type of desktop can range from 250 G to 500 G. When choosing the hard drive, keep in mind what kind of programs you want to install. If you are wanting to install games or photo editing software, it would be best to have a higher gigabyte count. This allows you to have plenty of space for these programs as well as other programs including music and videos.
* Running system: When choosing your computer you will want to pick out an operating system that will work great for you. You can choose Windows or Mac. Both are very reliable brands and will give you a great computer experience. The latest version of Windows is Windows 7 and the latest version of Mac is the Apple OS X Leopard. The feedback on both of these programs is great. You can also ask friends and family that have these running systems how they feel about them and this will help you to pick out the perfect running system for you.
* Video Card: the video card helps to control different graphics and video. The most typical video card is 128 MB and comes from NVIDIA and ATI. With ever changing technology the video card will increase in megabyte size and quality. Most computers come with this feature already installed for quality graphics.
* Keyboard: Your computer would be basically useless without a keyboard. There are several different choices of the keyboard. If you have trouble with your wrists, you can find a keyboard that is ergonomic and has a wrist rest built into the keyboard. If you do not want the headache of wires all over the place, you can purchase a wireless keyboard. A wireless keyboard gives you access to your computer without the clutter of wire.
* Mouse: The mouse is a key component in the running of your desktop computer. The mouse helps you click on links and scroll down throughout pages. A wireless mouse is the latest invention. You can move your mouse around without the constraint of wire. This is a great way to perform your task. A computer can function without a mouse but it would be very difficult to use.
* Monitor: The monitor is the most important part of the computer besides the hard drive. The monitor allows you to see images and what is on your computer. You can find average size monitors, wide screened monitors, and flat-screened monitors. You can even find HD monitors that deliver an even clearer picture. The size of the monitor depends on what size you need for what you will be doing with your desktop computer. With larger screens, you will have the ability to watch many different movies in television size.
* Web Camera: a web camera can be hooked up to your computer allowing you to take images and videos and save them directly to your computer. You can also video chat with people online using it with Yahoo, Skype or even Facebook. It is a great way to stay in contact with friends and family. When considering a webcam purchase, check and see what pixels that it has. The higher the pixel, the greater the image will be and less pixilated.
* Size: Desktop computers have changed in size drastically over the years and each year it seems like a smaller more compact model is being released. That is great for those of you that do not have a lot of space to store a large computer. You can find a desktop in the size you need including compact. Every year smaller and more compact computers are being released. When looking for the size, take into consideration, where you will set up your computer and how much room you will have. It would not hurt to take measurements and have these with you when you purchase your computer.
* DVD/Blue Ray: If you like to watch movies you can purchase a desktop computer that has a DVD player. This is a great way to watch your movies. When purchasing the computer make sure you check and see what regions that the DVD player can handle. This way you can enjoy movies from many different regions from around the world. Region 1 is the United States and Region 2 is the United Kingdom. So if you want a movie from across the pond you can purchase it and watch it with your desktop. If you desire high quality and high definition you can purchase a computer that is equipped with a blue ray player. This is great for watching high definition movies.
* Warranty: When purchasing a computer, you may consider purchasing an extended warranty. This will give you ease of mind in case of something happening to your computer. Always remember to register for your warranty and it will make you and your computer feel safer.