Have you lost any of your most favorite photos from your phone while wiping off some unwanted data? Don’t worry the photos are not lost permanently, and you can recover them with few recommended apps which I am going to share with you below.
How exactly can I recover back the deleted photos on my android phone?
First of all, switch off the internet connection and wifi connection from your Android device. One of the main reasons for doing this is whenever a file, picture or folder is deleted you can recover that initially till data is overwritten on this device memory.
The thing is, that When we lose data from the android mobile, initially, only index point got deleted. Until you can trace out that index point there are chances to recover the lost data. When you turn on the wifi and data connection, there is a chance of downloading some new data and overwriting the old index points.
Software’s that can recover the deleted photos on android:
Dr.Fone is recovery software made by a company named ‘Wondershare’. It is Software available for both Mac and Windows PC. This software has recorded highest success rate when compared to other software’s.
Steps to recover the photos with Dr.Fone – Android Data Recovery
• Download this free Dr.Fone Software on your computer.
• Install, launch and register the Dr.Fone Software.
• With a USB cable provided with your mobile, connect your Smartphone to PC. After that; enable USB debugging mode on your computer to move for the next process. If you don’t know how to enable the USB debugging mode on your Smartphone, Go to ‘Settings’, Click on the option “About Phone” and then tap on the option ‘Build Number’. You will get a notification ‘Developer options enabled on your Smartphone’.
• Now after enabling the developer options go back to the Settings screen. There you can find the ‘Developer’ options at the bottom of all the options. Now scroll through these options until you find out “USB debugging” option. When you check this option immediately, you will get a notification in Dr.Fone software stating that ‘USB Debugging is opened’.
• For Lollipop version of Android, you need to authorize your computer via the prompt which appears on your phone.
• Once the authorization is done you can choose from the different options available on the screen like Photos, Call history, Contacts, etc. For Photos, click on ‘Gallery’ and move ahead for the further process.
• In the next step select ‘Scan for deleted files option for quick recovery’ and accept the RSA key prompt. And finally, grant superuser permission to move the process one more step.
• Once you finish these steps, Dr.Fone will analyze your Smartphone and Reboot it. Accept all the prompts which request for your permissions.
• After the recovery is completed, you are shown with the results on the screen. Select the photos which you want to recover and click on the ‘Recover’ option. That’s it you are ready to go now.
You can also unlock Samsung screen lock using this Dr.Fone. Let’s have a look at those steps too:
• In the Dr.Fone software, you can find ‘more tools’ option and in that select on “Android screen lock removal”. Now connect your Samsung phone to the PC and “start”.
• Now turn off the phone and bring it into download mode (by pressing the “home” + “volume button down” + “power button” at the same time and then press volume up button).
• It will install recovery package on your Samsung smartphone.
• After the recovery package is downloaded on your Samsung device, you can find that the process to unlock your Samsung screen without entering any PIN or password gets started. One of the best things about this Dr.Fone software is that it will not cause any data loss in your device in the process of unlocking the home screen.
After Dr.Fone the second best app in this list is Disk Digger. You can find these both on PC and in Google play store. It scans both your phone memory and SD card memory.
Now let’s see how to recover data with this app:
• Install the app from Google play store.
• After successful installation of the app, open the app and tap on ‘Refresh list’. You can find that the screen is populated. Now select the “system folder”.
• Now tap on the option “Scan device”. Now you can find the entire list of deleted files on the screen. Select the photos in the results shown and recover them by just tapping on ‘Save’ option.
• Once you click on ‘Save’ option, you will be prompted to select the location where you want to save that particular photo, i.e., either in SD card or internal memory. Choose the destination as per your preference.
3. kvisoft Data Recovery (Paid App)
Steps to recover photos with this software
• As mentioned in the Dr.Fone steps enable the “USB Debugging” on your Smartphone.
• Once you have enabled the USB debugging mode on your Smartphone, connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable and select Mobile/Multimedia device on the home screen of the software.
• After doing that select your device name on the home screen of the software and then click on ‘Start’.
• Once it starts scanning your device it asks for the type of files you need to search, i.e., Gallery, Contacts, Call history, etc.
• After you select the type of the file, Click on ‘Recover’ and then assign the destination where the files need to be stored. And finally, you can sit relaxed and check the files after recovery.
This is one other software which is free of cost which is specially designed for recovering photos (It also recovers videos, documents, etc.). It supports over 300 file extensions.
Go for any of one you consider suitable and best fit for you, and get back your precious memories.
Refferal links: Android Pit, Wikipedia