Constipation is a condition in which it becomes hard to expel stool or waste material over a period of time. According to, undigested food and occult stool steadily gather in the digestive system and large intestines and weaken the Vata Dosha in our body. This results in the disturbance of the digestive tract. When the digestive tract is not clear, it disturbs the bowel movement, thus leading to a state of constipation.
Causes of Constipation:
The fundamental reason for constipation is a feeble stomach, which more or less is due to:
a) Irregular and incorrect eating pattern
b) Not taking enough liquids
c) Eating a low fiber diet
d) An inactive lifestyle
e) Irregular sleeping pattern
f) Smoking and drinking alcohol
g) Not eating enough fresh fruits & vegetables
f) Eating foods high in carbs, preservative, and acidic content
These factors prompt inadequate digestion of food and lead to the formation of ama (bodily fluid) inside the body. When they do not get proper passage to expel from the body, it leads to constipation.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Five Sports To Help You Get Fit And Healthy
- Head Lice Treatment – The Difference between Nits and Dandruff
- Steroids: What Professional Bodybuilders Are Really Using
- Great Tips to Support Your Weight Loss Plan
- Dark Pigmentation on the Face Can Be Unattractive
- Indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Abdominal Pain
- Pain at the back passage while defecating
- Heaviness of body
- Lack of appetite
- Belching and burping
Diet and advice to be taken in order to avoid constipation:
- Increase intake of fiber, particularly cooked vegetables and fruits
- Eating an apple, papaya, or banana every day can prove to be useful.
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water every day, ideally tepid in winters and at room temperature during summers
- Take mid-morning soup, ideally cooked with spinach and tomato.
- Walking for 20-30 minutes in the morning or evening can help provide relief from the problem.
- Eat nuts and grains
- Various that help relieve constipation can be used as they are made using natural ingredients.
- Replace white flour with wheat flour since grain is an insoluble fiber that cleans up the digestion tracts and soothes clogging
- Refrain from foods made with white flour like bread, pasta, pizza, biscuits, cakes, and so on
- High – protein sustenance like cheese, red meat, and soybeans can cause blockage, so these must be accompanied by a bowl of salad and lots of fluids.
- Eat a freshly prepared and hot meal. Eating things straight out of the fridge or when they are cold can cause trouble in digesting them.
- Having excessive cold food like frozen yogurt or chilled drinks diminishes the solid discharge.
Ayurvedic home remedies for constipation:
- Take one tablespoon of castor oil at sleep time until the point when you get relief.
- Build up a habit of drinking water in the morning. Begin with 2 glasses of warm water, and increase the intake to up to 6 – 7 glasses with the passage of time. It is more useful if this water is kept in a copper utensil overnight.
- Soak 3-4 dried figs overnight in water and eat them on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. Furthermore, drink the water in which they were immersed.
- Apply 3 to 4 drops of tepid castor oil over the navel around evening time in kids. It will help clear the solid discharges in kids (of age 1-3 years) in the morning.
- Drink 3-4 cups of herbal tea daily for better digestion and active metabolism
- Practice yoga. It will help alleviate the problem of constipation in two ways:
a) Manage stress response in the body (that can be a major cause of constipation)
b) Benefits the digestive system by increasing the blood flow and oxygen delivery in thewhich is formulated using medicinal plants can prove useful without any side effects