App activity woven
Google is tapping into what’s trending by pulling app activity into Google Search results. The additional info in search results comes from apps that connect with Google+ accounts. It’ll roll out in the coming weeks.
Also featured in this tech roundup:
– Jawbone is pumping up its presence in the health-device world after buying BodyMedia. Jawbone already has the Up fitness bracelet, but BodyMedia’s armbands are able to measure more data about a workout.
– Verizon mobile customers will soon get 500 megabytes of free cloud storage to backup files from a smartphone or tablet. Android users will be first to get the perk.
– Anyone in the U.S. can buy an advertisement on Twitter. Before, Twitter only let select companies sponsor a tweet. But now, you may see a sponsored tweet from the neighborhood coffee shop.
– Microsoft is integrating Skype into Outlook.com, a free online e-mail service. It’s available now to users in the U.K., and rolls out next to the U.S. and Germany.
– Microsoft is teasing a concept for the future of Xbox with a video of the IllumiRoom projector. Unfortuantly, it seems this won’t be a reality in time for the new Xbox reveal on May 21.