People who are looking for the best tourist destination in Greece can think about visiting Crete Island. It is one of the fascinating islands available in the region for you to explore and enjoy the best of natural beauty. When you visit Crete Island, you should make arrangements to stay at least one week there. Then you will be able to get the best possible experience out of your stay.
What can you do during the one-week stay on Crete Island?
Here is a list of activities that you will be able to do during your Crete Island stay for one week. You can organize these activities accordingly as per your preferences.
- Loutro is one of the fishing villages that you can see on Crete Island. You will also be able to discover a small beach here. The best thing about Loutro is that there are no cars or even roads here. You will only be able to access this fishing village through a ferry. This fact has created an isolated surrounding for you to enjoy as well. Therefore, you should be ready not to see any crowded restaurants or massive hotels here. You will be able to enjoy the entire day, relaxing by the beach during the stay.
- If you are an adventure seeker, you are encouraged to participate in the Gorge of the Dead hike. It is one of the most adventurous hikes that you can see in Europe as well. It will take about 90 hours for you to get to the top of this hike. The views that you can witness when you get to the top are outstanding. You will be able to witness Crete Island from a different viewpoint.
- If you are traveling to Crete Island along with your kids, you must be looking for an effective method to keep them busy. That’s where a water park will be able to assist you. Acqua Plus is the most prominent water park that you can discover on Crete Island. Most tourists prefer to come here during the first day they spend on the island. If you make a similar decision, you can go ahead with a and come here. Age will not be a factor when you are in this water park. That’s because a large number of water activities are available for guests in all age categories to enjoy. You will fall in love with all those unique experiences that you can get during the stay.
- You can also think about visiting Crete Aquarium during the time you spend on Crete Island. This is another great attraction available in the region for you to visit with your loved family members. This is a massive shark tank. The shark tank is inspiring, and you will be able to discover a cool interior. When you are spending your time under the hot sun in Crete Island during the summer season, you can visit Crate Aquarium and enjoy the chilling atmosphere offered.
- Piketon Cave can also be considered a great experience that you can consider while enjoying your time on Crete Island. According to the folk stories, Zeus was born in this cave. Therefore, it is one of the most prominent historical landmarks that can be found in Greece as well. You will be able to learn a lot about the history of Greece when you explore Diketon Cave.
Where to stay on Crete Island?
- A large number of accommodation options are available for the people to spend their nights. If you are a backpacker, you can find few hostels on the island as well. However, you are encouraged to book them in advance, especially during the summer season, as they get occupied pretty quickly. Depending on your budget, you can select a hostel or a hotel on Crete Island to stay. Even though you cannot find any super-luxury hotels on the island, you will be provided with a decent staying experience by the available hotels.
Food options available for you to consider in Crete Island
- If you are interested in going for a trendy bite while you enjoy fascinating views of the surrounding, you are encouraged to visit Chania’s Venetian Harbor. You will be able to enjoy some of the traditional dishes in Greece when you dine here.
- Gramvousa is one of the most popular options available for you to enjoy your meals while spending your time on Crete Island. In this restaurant, you will be able to discover a large number of seasonally inspired dishes. The restaurant is located in one of the villages named Kalliviani. One of the most impressive features of these dishes is that they contain many local favorites. You will also be served with recipes, which date back all the way to the 18th Century. The restaurant has preserved those recipes, and most of the tourists who visit here tend to go ahead with them. The lively atmosphere and charming service offered by the restaurant make people fall in love with it.
- Escargot is a popular dish among people who visit Crete Island. France is the home to this dish, but you will discover that many restaurants are serving it. However, this dish is not available throughout the year, and you can call the restaurants to see when it is available.
Now you have a clear understanding of how to spend your week on Crete Island. You can create the travel itinerary order according to your preferences and get an unforgettable experience on this fascinating island.