As an Instagram user, a major challenge that you will always face in an attempt to create traffic to your account, is how to gain followers and to maintain their engagement and participation. Creating followers and keeping their participation is completely different, as one does not guarantee the other.
This overview looks into how to get followers and ensure that your followers’ participation and engagement is enhanced, resulting to more likes.
These approaches include;
- Using popular hashtags
Hashtags help in categorizing pictures using keywords, and they help them get discovered by users. Using several or many of these hashtag keywords increases the probability of your pictures being visited and even shared.
One way of ensuring that you only use popular hashtags is to search the trending hashtags and use some for your picture.
- Use pictures that appeal to users
Aside from using Instagram as a platform for posting any type of picture, it is always prudent to use those pictures that will captivate the interest of the users, especially if you are aiming at engaging the users and gaining likes from them. Use clear, high quality and relevant pictures for what you want to portray.
READ MORE :
- Important Cyber Security Tips for Your Australian Online Business
- Business Website Tips And Tricks For Design
- A Few Tips For Preparing Your House For The Winter
- BonkLive Streaming App| Best Free Broadcasting App For Your Mobile
- How To Register For MediaTek Smartphone Design Training?
As a rule of thumb, avoid the following;
- Avoid posting a picture several times consecutively as the users will lose interest in it.
- Posting similar pictures in a single posting- especially serially or grouped together
- Posting pictures of the obvious- people are attracted to pictures of things that are out of the ordinary, and ones that they are not fond of doing or seeing
- Active Instagram community member
Inasmuch as you areto the platform and seeking to have likes from your followers, it is important to also play your part as a member of the community by taking time to like other people’s pictures. You can start by liking pictures from random people or go to accounts of your “followers” or “following” and like multiple pictures posted in them.
The logic behind this is that by liking other people’s pictures, they will return the favor and like the pictures that you post and follow you.
- Timing your posts
Know the timing of your audience is important so that you are able to time your posts in a way that they will have time to see them and like them. Some probable time to post includes
- Midday hours- when your audience is maybe on their lunch breaks or bored in the office
- Late evenings- most people take time to browse the Internet after their office hours or after dinner
- On special occasions- including holidays and celebration times like Christmas and Halloween. On these occasions people get time to check their social .
- Weekend- most people have some free time over weekends, and are more likely to check their during these times.
- Integration with other platforms
To open your profile and pictures to a wider audience, it is recommended to integrate your account with other social media platforms e.g. Facebook and with your website if you have one.
- Use apps
There are numerous apps that integrate with Instagram, and which help in managing the account as well as pictures. They also help you in collecting moreand Instagram likes in a more simplified manner.
It is important to know that SEO is a key component in ensuring popularity of any items posted on social media platforms. The use of apps makes it easier to carry out basic optimization by identifying keywords that can be used to categorize your pictures.
Walter is a business consultant in SEO and content marketing, and a graduate in ICT-with a major in management of information systems, networks security and online marketing. He is a proficient reader and writer on SEO, andthrough Instagram likes.