As an Instagram user, a major challenge that you will always face in an attempt to create traffic to your account is gaining followers and maintaining their engagement and participation. Creating followers and keeping their participation is completely different, as one does not guarantee the other.
This overview looks into how to get followers and ensure that your followers’ participation and engagement are enhanced, resulting in more likes.
These approaches include;
Hashtags help in categorizing pictures using keywords, and they help them get discovered by users. Using several or many of these hashtag keywords increases your pictures’ probability of being visited and even shared.
One way of ensuring that you only use popular hashtags is to search the trending hashtags and use some for your picture.
Use pictures that appeal to users
Aside from using Instagram as a platform for posting any picture, it is always prudent to use those pictures that will captivate the users’ interest, especially if you aim to engage the users and gain likes from them. Use clear, high quality, and relevant pictures for what you want to portray.
READ MORE :
- Important Cyber Security Tips for Your Australian Online Business
- Business Website Tips And Tricks For Design
- A Few Tips For Preparing Your House For The Winter
- BonkLive Streaming App| Best Free Broadcasting App For Your Mobile
- How To Register For MediaTek Smartphone Design Training?
As a rule of thumb, avoid the following;
- Avoid posting a picture several times consecutively, as the users will lose interest in it.
- Posting similar pictures in a single posting- especially serially or grouped together
- Posting pictures of the obvious- people are attracted to pictures of things that are out of the ordinary and are not fond of doing or seeing.
Active Instagram community member
Since you are posting pictures to the platform and seeking to have liked from your followers, it is important to also play your part as a community member by taking time to like other people’s pictures. You can start by liking pictures from random people or go to accounts of your “followers” or “following” and like multiple pictures posted in them.
The logic behind this is that by liking other people’s pictures, they will return the favor and like the pictures that you post and follow you.
Timing your posts
Know the timing of your audience is important so that you can time your posts so that they will have time to see them and like them. Some probable time to post includes
- Midday hours- when your audience is maybe on their lunch breaks or bored in the office.
- Late evenings- most people take time to browse the Internet after their office hours or after dinner.
- On special occasions- including holidays and celebration times like Christmas and Halloween. On these occasions, people get time to check their social media platforms.
- Weekend- most people have some free time over weekends and are more likely to check their free Instagram followers during these times.
Integration with other platforms
To open your profile and pictures to a wider audience, it is recommended to integrate your account with other social media platforms, e.g., Facebook and with your website, if you have one.
Numerous apps integrate with Instagram and help manage the account and pictures. They also help you collect more followers for Instagram and Instagram likes in a more simplified manner.
It is important to know that SEO is a key component in ensuring the popularity of any items posted on social media platforms. The use of apps makes it easier to carry out basic optimization by identifying keywords that can be used to categorize your pictures.
Walter is a business consultant in SEO and content marketing and a graduate in ICT-with a major in management of information systems, networks security, and online marketing. He is a proficient reader and writer on SEO and online marketing through Instagram likes.