Who doesn’t want to live in a clean and healthy home? Everyone! A healthy home always keeps the residents in a good mood and the pink of their health. Moreover, it allures your guests and leaves a positive impression on you.
- Wipe down countertops frequently – Not only food is prepared on the countertops. It is where bacteria, dust, dirt, and allergen particles settle as they float in the air. If your countertops are made of tile or granite, use mild cleaners. Moreover, I like the one that can refresh the sealer. It is so because sealers degrade with time. So, to keep sealers fresh and free from bacteria, like cleaning them frequently. Otherwise, bacteria will find their way into the porous granite areas.
- Keep carpets clean – To enhance the old carpet’s look and extend its life, it is essential to clean it after regular intervals. Make it a habit of vacuum cleaning rugs and carpets in your home once a week.
However, you can only get rid of dust and dirt on the top of the carpet. The bacteria and stains of pet urine or eatables are there deep inside the fibers of the rug. They may not be visible but can become stinky with time if not cleaned on time. Else, they can cause allergy problems and health issues.
- Don’t forget the furniture – Most people only focus on cleaning carpets and forget about the upholstered furniture. The rugs and chairs and sofas are also used regularly, so do remember to clean them too. Dust, dirt, and bacteria that float in the air also settle on the furniture. Use a vacuum cleaner once a week to clean them.
- Sanitize high touch points, including toilet handles, faucets, knobs, and switch buttons. Take some time to clean them for a hygienic living place. Don’t forget to clean them after visitors leave your house. It will help a lot in decreasing the level of germs in your home. Also, keep your hands clean and sanitized all the time. It will keep you away from bacteria and germs.
- Place doormats in entryways – Door mats trap the dirt and allergens so they don’t enter the home. This is an easy and inexpensive way to keep your home free of dust and thus healthy. Furthermore, remember to clean these doormats regularly, as they will gather a lot of dust.