We have seen many releases of smart phones from last couple of months which all stand out on their own way. Different companies have released their flagship mobiles recently and all are competing with each other fiercely by attracting the consumers to sell their products to them. Recently added to this list is Sony.
Sony has just announced another high-end Android smart phone, the Sony Xperia ZR. The company has already announced the Sony Xperia Z, Xperia SP and Xperia L and now Xperia ZR joining the Sony family. So what’s new in Sony Xperia Z that stands out of all other smart phones in the mobile market? The main attraction to this smart phone is waterproofing. As with the Xperia Z, Sony has added water resistance, although with more vigor in the Xperia ZR.
So now the main point is what’s the difference between both the smart phones of Sony, Xperia Z and Xperia ZR? Are there any similarities between them? And most importantly, on which device from the both should you spend the money?
- Water resistance: The Sony Xperia ZR comes with IP55 and IP58 compliance, making it water proof at 1.5m for a 30 minutes of duration. This means, even if you totally immerse the Xperia ZR, the device would stay protected and will not cause any harm to the device. While the Xperia Z, has IPX5/7 grading, means it is only resistant to water.
Moreover, Sony suggests that you can use the Xperia ZR to shoot the images and videos under the water. However, if you try that with the Xperia Z, all you will get is a broken handset. Hence, here the Xperia ZR takes away the crown.
- Fatter, but shorter: If you ask me about the design of Xperia Z then I would say that I just loved it. Its glass sandwich monolith is strikingly amazing and unique. However, the Xperia ZR has got a more conventional design. It has a smaller footprint which measures 131 x 67.4mm; however, it is 139 x 71mm for Xperia Z. But the Xperia ZR is fatter, at 10.4mm thick while the Xperia Z has got 7.9mm. Also, the Xperia ZR weighs 140g while Xperia Z weighs 146g. But this will probably not make any difference in your pocket.
- Display: There is a difference in the display mainly. The Xperia ZR has got a 4.55 inch display, whereas the Xperia Z has got 5 inches. Of course, the displays of both the devices are large, but it’s the resolution that makes the difference. The ZR has got 1280 x 720 whereas the Z has got a sharp one at 1920 x 1080. However, the blacks aren’t quite as deep as it should be with the Xperia Z and the viewing angles are also not brilliant.
- Camera: The Sony Xperia ZR offers only a VGA front-facing camera having 0.3 megapixels, whereas the Xperia Z boasts a 2-megapixel front camera.
- Memory: The Xperia ZR will offer only 8 GB of internal memory while the Xperia Z will give you 16GB. However, both has got microSD card slot to expand further.
This guest article has been composed by Christy Root who works for PrePayMania and, who writes Guest Articles, Press Releases for Mobile Phones. She loves to update herself with different mobile technologies.